• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Perfect backpack for EDP?

treewalker87

I took a deep dive down a rabbit hole searching for a backpack that will conveniently fit my new TL EDP. My old pack- badlands pursuit- doesn't have a good place for the platform and sticks. Anyone currently running the EDP and 3-4 sticks have a tired and true suggestion? I would prefer it to be 1500-2000 ci tops. Aside from sticks and EDP, I pack in extra layers during late season.

Looking at the C.A.Y.S 2.0, but some people say it's noisy (metal zippers) and boarder line too big. Thanks in advance!

Can you define EDP? Forgive my poor saddle hunting vocabulary

Did you see this?:

I took a deep dive down a rabbit hole searching for a backpack that will conveniently fit my new TL EDP. My old pack- badlands pursuit- doesn't have a good place for the platform and sticks. Anyone currently running the EDP and 3-4 sticks have a tired and true suggestion? I would prefer it to be 1500-2000 ci tops. Aside from sticks and EDP, I pack in extra layers during late season.

Looking at the C.A.Y.S 2.0, but some people say it's noisy (metal zippers) and boarder line too big. Thanks in advance!

carrying 3-4 sticks plus an EDP, plus extra layers is going to be very uncomfortable with a soft pack like the CAYS 2.0 if you’re walking in very far - I know from experience, because I’m usually going in about a mile over very uneven terrain and I tried the CAYS 2.0.

If you’re a young guy on a tight budget, maybe you can put up with it but if not, do yourself a favor and spend the money on a frame pack that places the weight on your hips so that your back & shoulders just provide support and aren’t aching after every hike in & out or mobile scouting hunt. Listen to what Jamie Cline has to say about it on his recent YouTube video “Saddlehunting gear dump 2021” on his channel “Overwatch Outdoors”. Shoutout to @JCLINE84 !

I know I beat this backpack thing to death but like @LoadedLimbs has experienced once you bite the bullet and get a great pack the hike in stops being the worse part of a hunt. I prefer kifaru but exo and stone glacier make great packs too. If you want something cheaper the mystery ranch frame packs are good. The main thing when trying to carry heavier metal items like sticks and platforms is the frame. It takes the weight, has plenty of attachment options, and keeps everything off your shoulders and back. If you’re on a budget but still want a high end pack the Kifaru 357 mag is an awesome whitetail pack. It will do everything the Kifaru frame packs do but with an internal frame and half the price of a 22 mag on a duplex frame.

Have you considered a turkey vest? A few easy to make mods on an old turkey vest and it will do what you want. Put the platform, sticks and extra layers In the back while keeping all of your other gear up front and easy to reach. Then just hang it in front of you once at height and you have a knee rest, gear hanger and easy access to everything.
When I saw @boyne bowhunter video I thought it was genius and can't figure out why everyone isn't doing it.
c155fbb662c7ff34a28debfad6c2bf82.jpg
45fdd89132dfe3bffeafa7924e21c8bb.jpg
a8f2a3b9acce859ed4288bd13b5206c2.jpg
667877c68ba13ac4e37d88c25b9e731e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back