• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform...

Skunkworkx

Going to "The Great American Outdoor Show" in Harrisburg PA in February as I haven't been in a few years.

I'll be looking at platforms I hope and also hope to score a decent "show deal"

Who should I be looking for ? I don't want to break the bank.

I haven't looked at the vendor list or anything but how big are you looking for? Lots of room or minimal? Seems like the more expensive stuff is lighter but that doesn't mean there aren't solid options at attractive prices

I remember a couple years ago Matt from OOAL gave out very nice discounts for the Shikar sticks when they first came out

TL will be in the Lancaster archery booth in archery hall. Not sure of the show deals as Lancaster is selling their stock we will just be helping them out.

So is tetherd and elevate. Maybe a predator XL? there is a predator XL, right?

I'll be going on the 9th...playing hooky from work that day and hope for not a big crowd being a Thursday. Figured most who take off would be a Monday, Friday, or the weekend.

Any thoughts on what discount are seen at the show? I’m new this SH strategy and trying to get my saddle, sticks, platform all st the show.

Last few I been to (been a few years) there were "show deals" and usually the later it is in the week, the better deals are to be had so they didn't have as much to pack up and take back with them...BUT, not always have what you're looking for since it has been picked over...Hit and miss really.

I'm looking for hands on to see what I like better and at a minimum save on no shipping.

I have the Predator XL and the Wild Edge Perch. Both are great choices. The Predator is easy to set up, has adjustable tilt, and is plenty big. It's actually set about 15 ft up in one of my front trees right now ( with Wild Edge steps going up to it) as a rappel practice platform.

The Perch works very well alone, (but obviously you need at least 1 step to clamp it into,) but I usually add at least 2 steps at the same level to allow me to move eaiser around the tree, as I'm a clumsy guy! :rolleyes:

Looks like I'll be going up to the GAOS twice...the first time with my hunting buddy, because it's the only day he can get off (I'm retired) and the 2nd time will be with my son on the last Saturday! I'm sure you'll find something you like!

Cruzer will be there as well. I’m in the market to try a platform myself and although I don’t want to drive 2 hrs each way, I may go to that show myself.

I ended up getting the Cruzr Seeker platform. $171 with tax. I did look at the LW and Latitude platforms also.

Lots of AR stuff, but mobbed, almost bought a drum for mine and some miscellaneous parts kits...not really that big of a savings if any at some stands.
Pretty crowded for a Thursday IMO, but that's not a bad thing.

Ended up there from 10 until 1:30 and didn't see everything.

Going to "The Great American Outdoor Show" in Harrisburg PA in February as I haven't been in a few years.

I'll be looking at platforms I hope and also hope to score a decent "show deal"

Who should I be looking for ? I don't want to break the bank.
Trophyline platform's

Back