• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Please-Prayers needed!

just saw it on the news...22 people....devastating and incredibly tragic. prayers going out for sure. Im unfortunatley reminded daily why i have my CCW. I see these types of stories and i cant help but see me and my family out and about enjoying the town and how i would react...i cant even imagine....

Terrible to hear this. Praying to our Lord and savior Jesus Christ for a quick and peaceful resolution. Sounds like the perpetrator is suffering from mental illness and is a firearms instructor and former military and current reservist. So sad all the way around.

The shooter has been identified and is my cousins son. I was pretty close to his dad when we were in high school. So sad. Seems he is in fact ex military and was institutionalized for 2 weeks earlier this year. He was released even after supposedly making threats to the effect that he was going to do something like this. Our mental health system is broken in this country. I also have a very close friend and co-worker who lives right where they found his car. She and her family have been terrified all night long. They have no guns in there home for self protection. Please keep every one involved in your prayers.

The shooter has been identified and is my cousins son. I was pretty close to his dad when we were in high school. So sad. Seems he is in fact ex military and was institutionalized for 2 weeks earlier this year. He was released even after supposedly making threats to the effect that he was going to do something like this. Our mental health system is broken in this country. I also have a very close friend and co-worker who lives right where they found his car. She and her family have been terrified all night long. They have no guns in there home for self protection. Please keep every one involved in your prayers.
So sorry to hear this hit so close to home. This will be devastating for the community for years to come, so sad. My daughter was in the room during a school shooting (she was not hurt) when she was young and it caused major issues for her and can still causes issues for her 12 years later. My prayers are with all involved.

So sorry to hear this hit so close to home. This will be devastating for the community for years to come, so sad. My daughter was in the room during a school shooting (she was not hurt) when she was young and it caused major issues for her and can still causes issues for her 12 years later. My prayers are with all involved.
So sorry to hear that. No child should have to try to deal with something like this. The news is now saying that the bowling alley he shot up was having a bowling events for teenagers when the attack occurred. He also shot up several more locations.

I’m really saddened to hear this. Prayers for your community and our country.
I’m in this area often for work and can’t grasp how these cowards do this

It's all mental breakdown in my opinion. Probably regretting it today. Mental health is a big problem.
This is why I don't agree with the insanity plea. This guy has killed 16 confirmed victims and maybe more. Of course he's insane. No sane person would even consider doing such a thing.

Just my opinion, conspiracy theory or what have you, but I think the mental health system is broken on purpose. I think certain facets of our society are allowing things like this to happen as ammunition against the 2nd amendment. How many times have you heard cases like this where the threats were made, the person was known to be a danger yet still allowed to carry out these acts.

Last edited:
Just my opinion, conspiracy theory or what have you, but I think the mental health system is broken on purpose.
Or maybe it's because psychology and neuroscience are infant disciplines. 80 years ago they lobotomized 23yo Rosemary Kennedy, member of one of the world's most influential families, because she was "increasingly difficult and irritable." Fast forward to today, and my cousin finally learned that her panic attacks were a medically treatable issue, and not demonic possession. The system isn't "broken" so much as it is "under construction."

As far as warning signs being ignored, how does the idea of just jailing everybody who could be a threat sit with you? There are countries with systems that work that way. There used to be more. We moved away from that for a reason. Democracy is also "under construction."

I was talking last night with a sportsman and conservation leader who told me that the biggest threat to today's sportsman is today's sportsman, who increasingly alienates himself from people in the middle of the pro/anti hunting spectrum. If we're giving out opinions, I'd say mine is that posts like yours make gun owners look like conspiratorial kooks who shouldn't be taken seriously by people "in the middle."

@DroptineKrazy, take care of yourself. My experiences don't touch yours in magnitude, but I've had similar experiences with friends and family who suffered from mental issues and hurt people. It is hard to listen to ignorant people use your family as idealogical talking points and gossip. What I experienced at a local level, you're unfortunately about to experience at a national one.

Back