• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

C&Doutdoors

I bought a pair of climbing spurs that comes with pole gaffs. Was wondering do pole gaffs work or will I need to get tree ones. I hunt in ohio so lots of oak trees but nothing crazy big 10 to 15 in wide is most of my trees. I've heard good and bad about both, but comfortable and functionality is the main thing. Picture below....Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• 20190924_153228.jpg
    20190924_153228.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 59
On oaks that size the pole gaffs should be fine.

Yeah we really don't have massive trees out here like you would see out west or big forest

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I use pole gaffs with success. I take smaller steps and take my time going up and down. Dont be in a race to the top cause you might find yourself at the bottom just as quick...haha

Yeah will definitely be going slow, I'm no Tarzan when it comes to this

The tree can be as big around as Central Park as long as the bark is smooth. It doesn’t matter. However if you start hunting trees the size of Central Park then your tether and lineman’s are sure to increase in length a little.

Said pole gaffs on the tag so j was just assuming that's what it was

Tested them out, took about 4 times up and down but I got the hang of it and let me say definitely like better then my climbing sticks, cant wait to use them for my set up

Reactions: WHW
Those are for sure tree gaffs. But sounds like you are liking them so rock on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back