• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

help

1. C

Need help with pack

I’m new to saddle hunting but also new to mobile hunting, and I need some guidance. I’ve searched a bit on here and can’t find a good, affordable answer. I use the sitka fanatic jacket and I need to find a pack that can securely strap the jacket to the outside (while still hauling 3-4 climbing...
  2. W

Campark T45 Trail Camera Inquiry

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but thought this would be a good place to gather some information regarding some hiccups I've come across with my recent trail camera purchase. Several months ago I purchased 8 of the Campark T45 trail cameras after hearing of them being a pretty reliable camera...
  3. CharlesHBronson

OHIO OHIO

Hey All, I have hunting private land in Carroll county Ohio for that last 3 or so years. The family that gives me access to their land may be moving to Kentucky this year. My question is if anyone has experience hunting public land in south east Ohio and if so which areas do you recommend and...
  4. Eckert_Hunter18

Saddle Market question?

I just recently purchased a tethrd mantis saddle and was thinking a out selling my aerohunter new tribe evolution. Since you cant buy them anymore what do they even go for anymore? Also done a few mods like add in a row of molle webbing of the waiste belt and I changed the bridge to an 1/4...
  5. Eckert_Hunter18

Question on stick and pack mods

I currently use 4 lone wolf sticks that are original length. Only thing I've done to them is add stealth strips to them. I have looked at tons of post on how people pack them, and it seems like the majority of people cut them down in length. I just cant seem to get myself to do it. Other then...
  6. TNbowhunter

Archery Issue - Problem with Arrow Flight

I spent about three hours yesterday trying to figure out a bow tuning issue that I just couldn’t resolve. When paper tuning, I kept getting a bad (1+ inch) nock-left tear, and I tried every bit of trouble shooting I could think of, but to no avail. I finally gave up on paper tuning and did a...
  7. TNbowhunter

Seeking Advice for Newbie - Gear Choices

Hi all, long-time, first-time here. I'm finally biting the bullet and making the switch to saddle hunting after being forced to hunt the wrong tree with my big, bulky climber one too many times. I've already read much of what's been posted on here, but I'd still love to hear y'all's...
  8. C&Doutdoors

Pole gaffs

I bought a pair of climbing spurs that comes with pole gaffs. Was wondering do pole gaffs work or will I need to get tree ones. I hunt in ohio so lots of oak trees but nothing crazy big 10 to 15 in wide is most of my trees. I've heard good and bad about both, but comfortable and functionality is...
  9. C&Doutdoors

Debating on selling my aero evo

I started out with the sitdrag and switched to the evo and for some reason I just cant get comfortable in it. I've tried adjusting everything possible it's either leg pinch or hip pinch. I get rid of one and the other one starts on me. I felt the sitdrag was pretty comfortable for me and really...
  10. C&Doutdoors

Info on aero evolution

I was looking at purchasing the evo on a good deal. Currently im using a custom sit drag but was curious whats people opinions on the evo? Also where do you attach your hauler or pouches on the evo because i really dont see an molle system of any sort just gear clips and loops but seems like...
  11. C&Doutdoors

New to saddle hunting...Advice on sitdrag mod

Im new to saddle hunting and im currently using a sitdrag that i have done some mods to. Currently i feel the seat part itself isnt wide enough measuring in at 8in or so. Has anybody added to theres to help be a bigger seat area. If so can you please describe what you have done and pictures...
  12. M.Earnhart0524

Best way to carry platform & climbing sticks

I'm using 4 lone wolf climbing sticks with my saddle setup this year and trying to find the best way to carry them in. Big part of the reason to witching to a saddle was to lighten the load and less bulk walking through the woods. Right now I have my sticks in my main pouch of my backpack and my...
  13. Dmeckert18

Question!! Lonewolf platform

Is there a way to cam over using the lonewolf alpha seat for the platform. I noticed alot of the xop platform or the old lonewolf seats but you cant buy those anymore. But the alpha is very similar but doesn't have the ears on the side. Looking for a way to cam over this seat. Any advice helps...
  14. Dmeckert18

Question, lonewolf platform

Is there a way to cam over using the lonewolf alpha seat for the platform. I noticed alot of the xop platform or the old lonewolf seats but you cant buy those anymore. But the alpha is very similar but doesn't have the ears on the side. Looking for a way to cam over this seat. Any advice helps...
  15. Dmeckert18

Difference between lonewolf alpha seat vs lonewolf elite

I was looking to purchase a lonewolf seat for a platform but wanted to know the difference between the lonewolf alpha seat vs the lonewolf elite seat
  16. skell

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Welcome to the one stop shop for the frequently asked and should be asked topics. This thread will be a work in progress and will require the assistance of the experienced among us. Please, if you have information you wish to see added, post below or PM me with the...
  17. T

Newbie Questions

Im new to this and trying to get everything priced out. Climbing sticks -$60 Splice kit - $15 Lineman’s belt and harness - have 2 caribeeners - $20 Sitdrag - $35 2 Saddle bags - $20 20ft. 1/2” Amsteel - $18 Ascender - $44 Total - $210 Does this sound about right? I kinda want to go down this...
Back