• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Poll - Do you think you'll be more or less successful this year over last?

Will you have a more successful season this year over 2021?

• Yes, because...

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • No, because...

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters

kyler1945

SH Member
This was a cool poll last year. Let's do it again for 2022.

Do you think you will be more successful this year over last season? Tell us why?

Thread from last year.

Poll - Do you think you’re going to be more or less successful this year over last? | saddlehunter.com

Also, For anyone who answered last year, I'd like to hear if you were right or not.

Personally I was right. I killed my first elk, best bow buck, and 7 total deer. The amount of time and memories were even more valuable.

This year, I think it will be hard to top the time/quantity of success. If I kill a second elk (or put a buddy on one), or shoot a bigger buck(especially on my local stomping grounds), I'd say it will have been a notch up. But more than likely, this year won't be as eventful.

More so for two reasons…. One I didn’t get anything last year so I skunked out.
Second reason is I spent most of last season on the couch with a neck brace recovering from neck surgery. This year I’m as healed up as I am gonna get and you can’t get any less deer than zero lol so when you’re at the bottom there’s only one way you can go

More so for two reasons…. One I didn’t get anything last year so I skunked out.
Second reason is I spent most of last season on the couch with a neck brace recovering from neck surgery. This year I’m as healed up as I am gonna get and you can’t get any less deer than zero lol so when you’re at the bottom there’s only one way you can go

My freezer tripped and I lost 100+lbs of deer meat last year. You can, in fact, get less deer than zero...

My freezer tripped and I lost 100+lbs of deer meat last year. You can, in fact, get less deer than zero...
I had that happen a couple seasons ago too. We lost a ton of summer sausage, a lot of pork, and some flounder as well. Thankfully all the back strap had already been cooked. Hopefully those electrical issues don’t mess up your season this year

More successful. I plan to have projects a little further along when the season hits so I can spend more time in the woods. Which wouldn't take much compared to last year. Plus my oldest is getting interested and wants to go. So I don't have a choice but to spend more time in the timber, for his sake!

I'm always optimistic....I hope my luck is up and I get some good quotas this season... I've made some new buddies since last season and I think I'll get some extra hunting opportunities.....
I see improvement every year in my skill set...I visually saw more deer than ever last season but for 1 stupid reason or another I was unsuccessful...

I choose no, because...I plan on hunting less this year and doing so closer to home for the most part.

Last year I predicted less success than the prior year as well. I killed 8 deer vs 11 the year before, but I also hunted much less. I'd say I halved my sits-per-kill. But I also only tagged 1 dinky 8 point instead of killing the monster I hoped for. I stretched myself too thin trying to duck and deer hunt out-of-state and the buddy who was going with me had surgery.

All in all, I'd call last year a "failure" insofar as I did not achieve most of the objectives I set. I did get to see thousands of ducks and saw a few real bruiser bucks though. Had a blast.

I’m going to say less this year as well, had a great season last year & wont have quite as much time in the woods as I did then. But have some super cool trips planned so always the possibility to crush those goals.

Knowledge gained, combined with now owning some game cameras and late season camo so I don't freeze/shiver uncontrollably in December/January. And I plan to be in the woods more. I plan to shoot more than one deer this year. If I do, my vote will be accurate. Best laid plans though...

I think more. I will have almost every Friday off this fall and plan on taking a week in October to hunt a spot with very little pressure. As long as I keep learning like I did last year and keep putting myself around deer on public I’ll call that a success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up not going out at all last year. I didn't get my required preparation done and I swore the year before that if that happened again, I would bench myself. We will see if I do any better this year, so far not looking good.

As such, I'm going to expect doing worse.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No because there is totes ongoing construction where I hunt that I believe has shifted the travel corridors of the deer. That and the neighbor parked a stand just on the other side of the fence.

I feel like I will be more successful this year than last. This is my third year hunting this land and I know it better each season. It takes a while to learn an area. I know where 4 separate primary scrape areas are for instance and going in to last fall I had only one pinned down. As far as I could tell, the 2 good bucks from last fall eluded us all. I'm up for a rematch. Also, the older I get the more I define success in the journey of chasing the deer and enjoying myself along the way and when they do win, and live another year, I can now sit back and smile.

Back