• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Prayers for Safety Needed!

Hawkeye Bowhunter

Just talked to Matthew Tomkins, TX5 saddlemaker and SH member via text. He informs me that it looks like the eye of the hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico is headed in his direction. Please pray for the safety and well being of Matthew and his family. I also should add prayers for all who will be in the path of the hurricane!

Last edited:
Unless there's a hurricane I don't know about yet, the two that have been in the news only necessitate prayers if you're a sentient piece of tissue paper. Rain makers is about it. ;)

Pray all is well.
We are headed to Desoto state park Al and hope it don’t interrupt to many of our outdoor plans.

See you in a tree, Ricky

Pray all is well.
We are headed to Desoto state park Al and hope it don’t interrupt to many of our outdoor plans.

See you in a tree, Ricky
You'll have a great time. May be rainy, but that place is beautiful no matter what.

Funny, I was actually just looking at an acre of land on the Little River Canyon up there.

Anytime you have a rainmaker that saturates the ground and a bit of wind there can be alot of damage. Tree will root up with enough wind, water saturation and power lines and houses usually feel the effect.

Got an audio message from Matthew a short time ago. He and his family came through the storm ok. They have no power and expect to be that way for several weeks. Mostly wind damage to his property but luckily no water damage. Much more devastation further east of him. I would like to believe that our prayers and good thoughts were heard by the good Lord!

Got an audio message from Matthew a short time ago. He and his family came through the storm ok. They have no power and expect to be that way for several weeks. Mostly wind damage to his property but luckily no water damage. Much more devastation further east of him. I would like to believe that our prayers and good thoughts were heard by the good Lord!
I got a message from him that they’re still w/o power ( they have a generator & window units) still no water. Power possibly this weekend! Pray the linemen get him hooked up!!

Back