• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator or Seeker

matt23h

Oct 19, 2021
Inverness Florida
Just getting into saddle hunting, I have my saddle the Cruzr xc which I love. I am in the market for a platform now and was wonder what is yalls thought on the Tethrd Predator and the Cruzr Seeker. I did see that Cruzr is releasing a smaller version on the seeker making it a little smaller and 3 pounds. Just trying to hear the pros and cons of the two.

Reactions: Mschmeiske

pcmem

Sep 16, 2021
I like the wings on the predator but both are great platforms. If you can, find someone who will let you try them to see how it feels for you.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

matt23h

Oct 19, 2021
Inverness Florida
I like the wings on the predator but both are great platforms. If you can, find someone who will let you try them to see how it feels for you.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk
I wish I could find someone with one, hard to find one in central Fl but thanks for the advice

thelefty41

Feb 10, 2020
St. Peters, MO
it really depends on several factors. The main one is how comfortable you feel using a smaller vs. larger platform. I wear a size 12 boot and have used the predator for 2 seasons now, and it is fine. There are times where I wished the predator was about 2in wider, but not any deeper off the tree. Having seen that Cruzr is releasing a smaller sized seeker I am very interested in that, because I think it may be the perfect size for my personal preference. I find myself using the front edge of my predator to brace my feet on, so having the angled front of the new cruzr platform may be just what I have been looking for.

matt23h

Oct 19, 2021
Inverness Florida
it really depends on several factors. The main one is how comfortable you feel using a smaller vs. larger platform. I wear a size 12 boot and have used the predator for 2 seasons now, and it is fine. There are times where I wished the predator was about 2in wider, but not any deeper off the tree. Having seen that Cruzr is releasing a smaller sized seeker I am very interested in that, because I think it may be the perfect size for my personal preference. I find myself using the front edge of my predator to brace my feet on, so having the angled front of the new cruzr platform may be just what I have been looking for.
I am a size 10 boot so I think I would be fine in the smaller platform. I really like the angled front on the cruzr is the reason I was looking at it. I would think the angle would be a plus instead of it being almost flat the whole time.

Rutman

SH Member
Dec 11, 2021
NW Georgia
I’ve got a predator XL, and just ordered a Seeker. It shipped out today and I should have it before the weekend. I’ll be using it this weekend to compare the 2. I like the angled front and shape of the Seeker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: matt23h

Tim0712

SH Member
Jan 18, 2021
Just getting into saddle hunting, I have my saddle the Cruzr xc which I love. I am in the market for a platform now and was wonder what is yalls thought on the Tethrd Predator and the Cruzr Seeker. I did see that Cruzr is releasing a smaller version on the seeker making it a little smaller and 3 pounds. Just trying to hear the pros and cons of the two.
what is the platform you’re using now? This forum can be so so helpful but at the same time it can be tough because there can be an influx of guys saying this is what’s best and then you buy something that’s not for you. It’s all preferable like everything I’d rather lean all day on my slanted monarch yet 90% of the guys here will tell you that a full platform is the best for all day sits

Reactions: phatkaw and matt23h

matt23h

Oct 19, 2021
Inverness Florida
I’ve got a predator XL, and just ordered a Seeker. It shipped out today and I should have it before the weekend. I’ll be using it this weekend to compare the 2. I like the angled front and shape of the Seeker.

Can't wait to here what you think on the two

matt23h

Oct 19, 2021
Inverness Florida
what is the platform you’re using now? This forum can be so so helpful but at the same time it can be tough because there can be an influx of guys saying this is what’s best and then you buy something that’s not for you. It’s all preferable like everything I’d rather lean all day on my slanted monarch yet 90% of the guys here will tell you that a full platform is the best for all day sits
I have not been using one yet just the top of the sticks. Which is why I was asking more for a starting point and go from there.

TK161BOONER

SH Member
Dec 19, 2019

Any update on the two? Thanks

Shed84

Dec 26, 2021
I love my ooal monarch platform. I can hang comfortably using that on my one stick. I personally shoot better standing up so I got an preditor xl just for that reason. I plan to practice much more this off-season off of the monarch to get better. Whatever u get just practice,practice, practice, practice and then practice.

Tim0712

SH Member
Jan 18, 2021
I love my ooal monarch platform. I can hang comfortably using that on my one stick. I personally shoot better standing up so I got an preditor xl just for that reason. I plan to practice much more this off-season off of the monarch to get better. Whatever u get just practice,practice, practice, practice and then practice.
I love my monarch too and just a tip maybe it’ll work for you like it did me. When shooting forget all about your feet and focus on the target lol I had a bitch of a time at first then all of a sudden decided to stop paying attention to my footing and it was marvelous

bfriendly

Jul 15, 2021
Size matters. I have a Hawk mini on top of the short stick and a full size Hawk I use with the full-size stick….I’m one sticking. I like the bigger platform so I can turn around which can be done but not as ez on the smaller ones…..standing on heels is not natural.
don’t really care which platform you get, but the attachment method may the biggest thing you deal with. So many ways and I have tried a bunch! I’ve settled on a OCB and my hawk full size is rock solid after camming it down 2 times. I also added 2 steps on the strap so I can ROS my way around the tree…..that strap with an OCB is again, rock solid!
IMHO, just have fun with it and I’m sure you’ll love whichever you get. If the platform can tilt or has a tilted section(most do) it will be easier on your feet when leaning…….if it doesn’t tilt, I’d pass on it.
Welcome to the addiction!

Shed84

Dec 26, 2021
I love my monarch too and just a tip maybe it’ll work for you like it did me. When shooting forget all about your feet and focus on the target lol I had a bitch of a time at first then all of a sudden decided to stop paying attention to my footing and it was marvelous
Your absolute right. I'm not bad off of it at realistic hunting distance. 30 and in I'm fine. I regular practice from 50-80 and I've been working on my form to tighten groups up at longer distances while standing. Can't do that yet off of tree steps or the monarch. Even if it's 1" better group at 30 I'll take that from a standing position.

goody94

SH Member
Apr 22, 2020
Lancaster, PA
If your looking for something in between those sizes check out the EDP from trophyline. It’s much more solid than the predator but not as bulky as the seeker.

Reactions: MAVinWA and Plebe