• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Put some stank on the Girdle?

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Anyone interested in trying out a split saddle? Im gonna pass around the Girdle, (https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/the-girdle-revisited-agian-method-mods.27756/) much like Sally, to whoever wants to give it a go. Same rules...get it, try it, post a pic or two, the good, bad and ugly, put your name/handle on it and pass it along to the next willing body.

Same deal, use at own risk, use at ground level, built in my garage...

Not to be compared to the market split saddle. That one looks much nicer!

Facts and thoughts:
1. Its a sitters saddle. Pretty comfy to sit in but leaning causes some hip pinch with the 1" tubular webbing chassis. Can be adjusted out though.
2. The material used for the seat has a lot of give. It is a foam cored mesh material.
3. The belt is not load bearing. Made to just hold it in place.
4. No leg straps
5. It is light, which was the main goal.
6. Bridge loops double as linemans loops

I’m game. Since I use a sitdrag battle belt it will give me something to compare it to

See you in a tree, Ricky

I would love to try.

**Suggestion if folks are willing: make a table to outline shipping legs and even help everyone with some shipping expense.***

I would love to try.

**Suggestion if folks are willing: make a table to outline shipping legs and even help everyone with some shipping expense.***
The way we did it with sally is you pay for shipping to the next person. Correct me if I’m wrong. We didn’t keep a list on sally but I agree a working list would keep the order down.

Well I got a package today with the saddle in it and I must say @always89y man you do great work the craftsmanship is excellent.
My review on this saddle I’ll be honest was very short due to my work schedule at best I set in it 30 minutes.
This weather and working in an automotive factory 12 hours a day kind of takes it out of you I’m sorry I couldn’t give it more time.
It seems like a mixture of a mantis,recon and phantom all wrapped up into one saddle. Very light weight and I feel it would walk in great. Not much to it but everything you need. Doesn’t feel like you would need a back band which is nice.
I can’t say I liked it but I can’t say I hated it.
Would I use it yes but I wouldn’t trade this design for my current saddle but I would gladly use it over a few commercial saddles I’ve tried.
I wish I had more time with it so take this short review as just that and I’m looking forward to what others have to say about it.
I’m passing it on to @smcchevy to give it a go.
Thank you very much @always89y for letting me try this out.

Back