• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pvc knife sheath

Weldabeast

SH Member
I forgot to picture every step but u will get the idea
I had this 9" fillet knife with no sheath so decided to fix.
1; cut 3/4 sch10 pvc pipe to desired length....x2
2; split pipe down the length...x2...scoring with a razor knife works good
3; use heat gun to soften and then flatten into a sheet x2
4; rig up some kinda press/smasher
5; heat sheets until soft and sandwich the knife between the 2 sheets
6: drill holes and rivet
7; shape and sand
20200430_135121.jpg20200430_135103.jpg20200430_135017.jpg20200430_135046.jpg

pretty cool. matches the white handle dexter knives that never come with a sheath

a lot of nice ones dont. always thought that was weird

I can’t believe how well it conformed it’s shape. It is like a poor mans kydex. But kydex is cheap as well

Pvc is very similar to kydex. I have used it in multiple similar projects such as tomahawk cover, homemade phone skope, trad quiver hood. I use 3" sdr35, cut a vertical slit, toss it in the oven at 300 until it gets floppy and then press it flat. Then i can shape it into whatever.

Another way you could have tackled this one is to just use a solide piece of pipe of appropriate size, heat, insert knife, press.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Another way you could have tackled this one is to just use a solide piece of pipe of appropriate size, heat, insert knife, press.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I thought of that but the the handle is real fat and I was worried it would have been more difficult to form and get a tight fit that way and the blade to sheath width was a little to disproportionate....

this is a very easy project. I've never attempted anything like this so no experience.....start to finish was maybe 30 minutes. I find sprinkler pipe in the trash all the time....free is 4 me

Back