• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Recommendations for a Disney World back pack.

Loopwing

SH Member
All of my packs have always been hunting based. I have an eberlestock bandit I am thinking about using, but I want to hear from ya'll. The wife and I are taking the girls (7,9) for our first trip to the most expensive place on earth in Mid-August. I want a back pack that is not huge more of a day pack. I have used my Bandit at local amusement parks. What do you guys think?
Also I am a bigger guy 6'3 250+, so I can handle a little larger bag. I will mainly be carrying some water, snacks and ponchos. Please help me out. It doesn't just have to be a hunting pack, it could also be a hiking daypack.

Thanks, the more I have been thinking, it will probably be a daypack (maybe a Kuiu, or eberlestock day pack) Sun tan lotion, small first aid kit, wind breakers, dry socks.......

What ever you go with, make sure it opens easy. Your bag will be fully opened and inspected before going into any park or on the monorail. You can get free glass's of ice water from any quick serve location. I use an Oakley Extractor Sling Pack 2.0, one zipper and it fully opens. Large enough to hold rain gear, sunscreen, glasses, phone charger and some other small stuff, small enough to carry across my chest if I need to. It's just the Love of my Life and I, so it's small size works for us, YMMV.

Are you gonna drag out all the souvenirs you are forced to buy or chop them up in the park and pack them out?
We are going to stay at one of the hotels in the park, so they will deliver everything to the room I think. Little souvenirs I will carry.

I have never been a sling pack guy for hunting, but I see the benefits for an amusement park.

I’ve got an eberlestock little trick listed on the fb eberlestock group. Best bag I’ve ever had but too small for the week long travel packing I’m wanting. Should be a bit bigger than the bandit but is still a really nice tight fit to the back. That group has lots of eberlestock for sell or trade.

With kids I could see a sling pack being a winner until it gets too heavy and can’t be shifted to the other shoulder. Thats really the only downside I’ve had with a sling pack.

The stroller idea is actually really good. But hear me out, consider the PacSeat or some type of external with a load shelf and carry small portable stools with you. If this is your family's first experience standing in a line for 2+ hours for a ride, you might thank me later.

I'd go the other route and get 4 cheap fanny packs and make everybody carry a little weight...u gonna set that backpack down 5thousand times....fanny pack never needs to be taken off. Stay hydrated
Every body is going to carry some weight, but we all know that only lasts so long and then dad comes to the rescue. Usually on the 3rs or 4th day or somewhere around 1800 each day.

Best time to go on rides is the last 2 hrs before the park closed. Every other family who spend their whole day in a WAR are mostly exhausted and ready to head back to hotel. So line are almost empty. We got on Space Mountain 5 times in a roll with no lines the last 20 minutes before park closed. Found this strategy on last day of a 5 days trip. We were exhausted so just slept in until noon, didn't have to wait in line for bus because everyone in hotel already left.

We go every couple of years. As few backpacks as possible is best because the more you have, the longer you're waiting in the bag check lines. Also, the fewest pockets possible is best too because more pockets equals more things to check. Before you get to the bag check area, take out some things like chargers, umbrellas, and water containers, and send those through with the people who don't carry a bag. It speeds up the process because they can skip the bag line. Put the items back in the pack once you're through the line. Do tons of research beforehand on Genie+ and different park strategies. Get to the parks before opening so you can be towards the front of the early entry lines. Don't sleep in, and take the first bus or other mode of transportation from your resort as possible. Disney World isn't a vacation. It's a mission. Make sure you familiarize yourself with ride locations. Study those maps. I can't stress enough how much preparation is important. It's not a place you want to just wing it. Youtube channels like AllEars, DFBGuide, and Ear scouts are invaluable. Research, research, and research. Plan and prepare. Have a wonderful time!

We go every couple of years. As few backpacks as possible is best because the more you have, the longer you're waiting in the bag check lines. Also, the fewest pockets possible is best too because more pockets equals more things to check. Before you get to the bag check area, take out some things like chargers, umbrellas, and water containers, and send those through with the people who don't carry a bag. It speeds up the process because they can skip the bag line. Put the items back in the pack once you're through the line. Do tons of research beforehand on Genie+ and different park strategies. Get to the parks before opening so you can be towards the front of the early entry lines. Don't sleep in, and take the first bus or other mode of transportation from your resort as possible. Disney World isn't a vacation. It's a mission. Make sure you familiarize yourself with ride locations. Study those maps. I can't stress enough how much preparation is important. It's not a place you want to just wing it. Youtube channels like AllEars, DFBGuide, and Ear scouts are invaluable. Research, research, and research. Plan and prepare. Have a wonderful time!

Man, this really makes me look forward to being a papa. It’s a mission. Good stuff

All of my packs have always been hunting based. I have an eberlestock bandit I am thinking about using, but I want to hear from ya'll. The wife and I are taking the girls (7,9) for our first trip to the most expensive place on earth in Mid-August. I want a back pack that is not huge more of a day pack. I have used my Bandit at local amusement parks. What do you guys think?
Also I am a bigger guy 6'3 250+, so I can handle a little larger bag. I will mainly be carrying some water, snacks and ponchos. Please help me out. It doesn't just have to be a hunting pack, it could also be a hiking daypack.
Trust me on this.
Rent the two child stroller. It allows you to carry all your gear in August. It will be hot. You as a hunting dad will expect your daughters to walk the entire time. They will not make it. Maybe the first few hours of the day until the adrenaline and sugar wears off or the combination of heat and adrenaline and excitement. Then when it’s time, you take the pack and wear it and put them in the two person stroller. No, they will not be the only kids that are in them. Yes, you will see adults in costumes in strollers also. Deal with it and smile in front of your kids. Have water and sun screen. Wear hats. It isn’t for day one. It’s for day three and four. It’s pure hell. It’s like an outdoor Wal Mart in Crestview Florida on a Friday night at 11:30 but outside.

Your Bandit should be fine in combination with the two person stroller. Also do the side by side so you can plow through all the walking dead.

Last edited:
Back