• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Renege on a Deal - Shame on Him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslandStorm62

Feb 28, 2021
Hey all,
What are your thoughts:

Just had SH Member RENEGE on a deal :rage:. I "PAID" for his items waited patiently ( 5 Days) before asking for a tracking order. After which, he let me know that he had been busy and would send it out most ricky-tick...instead two days later he sends me apologies and a refund (minus a $2.91 fee). Now this deal was closed, paid for, and virtually shook on. This bubba has some gonads (hint). FYI, he has been a member since 2016 and has been on a selling rampage this past year. Me, I am a newbie, just trying to make a deal and get into the saddle.

So should we call him out, or give him a chance to reset his compass?

BCHunter

Vendor Rep
Mar 10, 2016
Stuff happens... It sucks, but no need to start crazy drama, at least it's way before hunting season and you can find some more deals.

If you feel strongly I would message the admins

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Newhunter1

SH Member
Dec 20, 2018
Stuff happens... It sucks, but no need to start crazy drama, at least it's way before hunting season and you can find some more deals.

If you feel strongly I would message the admins

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

What he said. I would talk to the admins before putting anyone on blast. I had a situation last year where I contacted the admins before firing off a heated thread...stuff happens and I was able to amicably settle the issue...got my item and moved on. You go all of your monies except 2.91...and while I understand the principals I wouldn't lose sleep over that. Now what I would do is never do business with that individual again and would not let them buy from me. I don't know if SH has the option to block individuals but I know on Archerytalk I've blocked several people who want to constantly pull drama. Just my .02.

kyler1945

SH Member
Dec 4, 2016
Willis, TX
Assume anytime you pay a perfect stranger money for used gear, you’ll never see the money or the gear. And if you do the gear will not be as advertised.

that way, when things like this happen, you’re not disappointed. In fact, the ordeal only costing you 3 pesos should be considered a win.

manage your expectations!

best course - disclose member name to admin, let them identify patterns. Things happen. Crack a beer!

7mmremmag

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Oct 15, 2018
Warren County, PA
www.etsy.com
WEBSITE
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrullsIsland?coupon=SADDLE
Assume anytime you pay a perfect stranger money for used gear, you’ll never see the money or the gear. And if you do the gear will not be as advertised.

that way, when things like this happen, you’re not disappointed. In fact, the ordeal only costing you 3 pesos should be considered a win.

manage your expectations!

best course - disclose member name to admin, let them identify patterns. Things happen. Crack a beer!

This x 400.

That being said, I think the majority of people on this site are more solid than a lot of other sites. This site is just the right size where there is a large knowledge base but the A-holes stick out like sore thumbs.

Robert loper

SH Member
Sep 19, 2017
NJ
YOUTUBE
TheBuckPsych
Im suprised havent had anything but good dealings with people.
seen a few price gougers but thats them.
thats sbout it but there will always be a few just like it’s impossible to really always please everyone

Reactions: woodsdog2

iamcorey

Oct 24, 2018
I’m confused on the $2.91 fee. Is that a PayPal thing where a refund cost you $2.91 or is that the “seller’s” restocking fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattsteg

Sep 26, 2018
Just ask for the money back (all of it). Any number of reasons that something could end up not sellable.

Jtaylor

SH Member
Dec 25, 2018
Hey all,
What are your thoughts:

Just had SH Member RENEGE on a deal :rage:. I "PAID" for his items waited patiently ( 5 Days) before asking for a tracking order. After which, he let me know that he had been busy and would send it out most ricky-tick...instead two days later he sends me apologies and a refund (minus a $2.91 fee). Now this deal was closed, paid for, and virtually shook on. This bubba has some gonads (hint). FYI, he has been a member since 2016 and has been on a selling rampage this past year. Me, I am a newbie, just trying to make a deal and get into the saddle.

So should we call him out, or give him a chance to reset his compass?
Are you from the UK? I don't hear many people using words like "renege" or "ricky-tick". Maybe he saw the shipping costs overseas, ha! :smile:

IslandStorm62

Feb 28, 2021
Thanks for the comments. My point is Honor / Principle. Perhaps daddy just didn't teach 'em properly. Yes, the $2.91 ain't gonna break the bank..Who cares. As far a stuff happening, ok. But, to just change your mind after a deal has been cut..I gave bubba 7 days of patience and trust. And as stated by Topdog...give it all back. Yes, I am lucky enough to have gotten most back.

I do a lot of yards sales. I ride out on my Sportster, I find something and pay for it. The seller will hold it for me until I return later to pick it up with my truck. I think I prefer to trust a little until you give me a reason not to. All this honor & principle stuff, comes form being raised by a village and military service for a number of years...probably more years that this person has been alive.

rutjr

Oct 6, 2018
Cumberland, RI
Sorry to hear that. I don't understand him charging you for his failure?

Hopefully he reads this, feels guilty and won't do it to someone else.

Plebe

SH Member
Sep 14, 2020
I'll bet 2.91 he just forgot about or didn't know about the fee and fully meant to return you the full amount. Lord knows I've botched PayPal before and had to apologize and wire over money. And I've been "stiffed" before. It happens. It's irritating, but tbh I'm not sure what the point of posting about it is.

Agree with the first part, but we just don't know. Maybe seller flat out refuses to refund the "lack of transaction fee," but it is more likely oversight, I hope.

Anyway, I think the point is trying to gauge acceptability on a "good dealings with XYZ" "bad dealings with XYZ" kind of thing like they do some other places.

I'm not down with "I changed my mind", but at least that's more honest than "my dog at my saddle." It's disappointing though.

Reactions: Topdog

7mmremmag

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Oct 15, 2018
Warren County, PA
www.etsy.com
WEBSITE
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrullsIsland?coupon=SADDLE
Shipping shock is a real thing...
I sold my Guido's Web, bout crapped myself when shipping was $60+.
I would never make that deal again or sell a platform or stand unless local pickup...

Shipping can get pricy. I offer free first class shipping on etsy and do everything I can to make it first class, just going from a poly bag with bubble wrap to a small box is not far from triple the shipping cost.

enkriss

SH Member
Sep 13, 2018
First off it wasn’t me. I just want to make that clear.

The $2.91 seems odd... did you pay f&f? Or did he not really refund the transaction and just send you the money he cleared during the transaction?

When a seller refunds the buyer, the seller still has to pay the fee from the transaction. Sounds like he tried to avoid that.

Jtaylor

SH Member
Dec 25, 2018
Shipping shock is a real thing...
I sold my Guido's Web, bout crapped myself when shipping was $60+.
I would never make that deal again or sell a platform or stand unless local pickup...
I'm not sure how a cigarette pack sized $5.00 item bought from eBay or Amazon can have free shipping and be packaged in a box big enough to move my whole house out of but when I try to ship something similar in a bubble mailer it seems to cost at least $10.

Plebe

SH Member
Sep 14, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.