• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ROS - How do you carry it?

DB4x4

On the way in and while climbing... How do you carry your ROS?

In your pack? Strapped to the outside? Attached to your saddle?

Looking for max efficiency and min noise...

In pack until I get to the tree. For the climb I hang it on a carabineer attached to one of my dump pouches on side of saddle.

I carry it in inside backpack. Up tree I tie it to left side linesman loop on saddle. It is 4 treehopper steps with their strap and ocb buckle. Weighs 1 pound 14 ounces.

I use an EWO pouch on my saddle. Get to height, grab the RoS out of my pouch; like having everything immediately accessible.

I wish I was a headlight on a north-bound train

I use this trophyline pouch. It was for sale under their classic gear. I wear it on the back of my phantom. I’m not a fan of the zippers or drawstring. But I’m in my third year of this one and it’s perfect for holding my setup. Left bottle holder has my 1” webbing tether. Right pouch has my oplux linesman’s. Center pouch just fits five 1” wide steps. Under them go my hys strap. On the very bottom is my recliner. I’ve got other options and better pouches but for me using a small diameter linesman and tether in conjunction with a ros there’s just not a better option. I bought two more. Just wish the zipper was of higher quality.
2A83A489-988C-412C-9458-EE5C7168221B.jpegA38C978F-2E64-430B-92E0-45C64C232235.jpeg

I put mine thru the holes of my scout platform and wrap it around and tighten it I strap everything to my platow pack and at tree I put in my cargo pocket as I climb or stick in my pouch after I take out my climbing tether attatched to molle on my platow

I keep mine in my monster pack. If I use them with my scout solo I just leave them on the strap and wrap it up. I wrapped them in vet tape to keep them quiet.

I started out using a large dump pouch on the back of my saddle. Never liked that option. It flopped around as I walked and pulled my saddle down. I switched to one-stick with a Mini-Shikar and use an abbreviated ROS with 3 of the Treehopper steps. I now carry that in a small pouch mounted to my stick. Everything is there together. The whole stick with the ROS weights 4.1 pounds.

902B98C9-0BE9-4262-BD43-824859EAB6C5.jpeg

I keep my ROS, pack holder, bow holder, clippers, pull up rope and wild edge stepps for climbing in a bag together that I carry on the shelf of my MR popup. Once I get to the tree I take it out of the shelf and wear it over my shoulder for going up the tree.

I carry ‘em in my pack till I get to a tree. I usually forget to get them out and hang them from my saddle via pre-sewn prussic that’s sorta girth hitched around them and an S-biner.
I’m using them right now or I’d get a picture...

08C5A681-BB24-4926-AB1E-770B3E405914.png

Last edited:
Heck, I might try leaving them like that when I’m climbing.

It worked!
Climbing with them wasn’t much different and once I set my stick at height they were right there ready to put around the tree.
This is definitely my biggest climbing ‘game changer’ since... uh, I don’t know when.

Back