• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rubber stop on tether

MA_PAdeerslayer

I saw somewhere I thought here now I can’t find it….it was like a rubber clip that clipped onto your tether rope to keep it from loosening and falling down the tree when not being pulled on…. Like I said can’t find it for the life of me and wanted to order one.
Any helps appreciated thanks!

I actually just use a small alligator style clamp (with no teeth) that has a rubber tip on the ends of the jaws and tie a piece of paracord to it. Then put a small caribeaner on the other end of the rope so I clamp it to my saddle. Instant on/off that’s quiet while going up the tree and works well. Only a few bucks invested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually just use a small alligator style clamp (with no teeth) that has a rubber tip on the ends of the jaws and tie a piece of paracord to it. Then put a small caribeaner on the other end of the rope so I clamp it to my saddle. Instant on/off that’s quiet while going up the tree and works well. Only a few bucks invested.

I use a rubber fender washer or a nitized gear tie. And when practicing I can't tell ya how many times I have done the climb of shame to retrieve my rappel rope. I like your idea of the alligator clip with paracord and a carabiner clip.

@Westdesign03 What did you do just file the teeth off of the clip?

No, actually the words alligator clamps was probably the wrong wording. I’m actually using these:
fc11b7334b0eb9e21d3b25d4ad28cf67.jpg

I'm not happy with what I currently use and the other things I've tried prior. I have a bunch of rubber up here at work I make gaskets with. What is the hole size of the rubber washers u guys are buying? 5/16 maybe?

I run the tether through the eye twice after pulling it tight instead of once and ive never had it slip doing that.

Oh ok. Never thought of trying that. I’ll have to see how that goes. Thanks for the tip!

3/16 for 8mm ropes
1/4 for 9mm ropes
You want them pretty snug.
I'll have to play with it....the rubber I have it .25 thick and I don't think I will be able to get the rope thru the hole at that size.... I'll play with it and we'll see...

I'll have to play with it....the rubber I have it .25 thick and I don't think I will be able to get the rope thru the hole at that size.... I'll play with it and we'll see...

Yeah, the fender washers we are using are only 1/16” thick.

Sometimes it's tough to get the right size washer started on your rope if you've got a big fat shrink tube on the ends...

I've actually untied my quick-link to slip washers or my Mini Kong figure eights on that end because the other end of the rope had a 'bulged out' shrink tube.

Screenshot_20210831-093314_Gallery.jpg

Back