• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Creep

reggoh75

What is the main cause of the saddle creeping up my backside as I hunt?

Bridge too long?
Tether too high?

Need some ideas to try. I have to pull it down every hour or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Saddle design to your body, no ass, tether height all contribute. I had this problem with the tethrd mantis. Only cure was to find another saddle.

I struggle with this with my kite. Lowering tether puts more weight on my feet. It’s the biggest reason im looking at 2 panel saddles now

What is the main cause of the saddle creeping up my backside as I hunt?

Bridge too long?
Tether too high?

Need some ideas to try. I have to pull it down every hour or so.

What saddle are you using?

What saddle are you using?

Aero Hunter Kestrel Flex - medium to small ass. I’m not uncomfortable in my saddle until the leg straps start getting tight from the creep. I lowered it about 4”-5” earlier and it seemed to help. Ill keep playing with it.

Aero Hunter Kestrel Flex - medium to small ass. I’m not uncomfortable in my saddle until the leg straps start getting tight from the creep. I lowered it about 4”-5” earlier and it seemed to help. Ill keep playing with it.

Yep, keep playing with tether height. Also, try starting with your saddle a little lower. I've never sat in a flex but both my Kestrel and Kite I have to push the waist belt down just below my regular belt after I get set up. Then it stays in place and is the most comfortable.

@GCTerpfan has it. I never had the creep problems most others reported with the Mantis as long as I used a low tether and pulled the waist strap down considerably lower than my belt line before hanging.

Sounds like a high tether to me. I keep mine around chin high

I discovered this was the main cause for me this year. I initially set up with about eye level with the tether, tried chin height one morning and could not believe that little movement made so much of a difference! It was comfort city from then on out!

I discovered this was the main cause for me this year. I initially set up with about eye level with the tether, tried chin height one morning and could not believe that little movement made so much of a difference! It was comfort city from then on out!
Its a game of inches for sure!

What Tom said. I girth hitch my bridge to my loops so you can position them high or low on the loops. I think a lower position on your loop would solve your problem. The new Aero Hunter Merlin has an adjustable bridge that is girth hitched in place so it can be adjusted in the loop. I don't know if they sell them separately or not though.
ecf8ea9afffa7b08388c7596251f31b4.jpg

Back