• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle recommendations

chismgoodrich

I’m planning on hunting in the city a lot next year. I already have multiple spots with lock on/ladder stands
Comfortable stands with sticks cost almost $500 total. What kind of saddle and platform do y’all recommend for me. I’m looking for something comfortable for all day sits. I’m not really worried about weight since in the city your not walking very far.
Thanks

I’m a big fan of the latitude classic. Haven’t sat all day but have some pretty long sits in it and haven’t gotten uncomfortable at all. I honestly prefer an angled scout to my mission platform in terms of comfortability leaning but I prefer being able to stand on my mission for longer sits to stretch out a bit. It’s also much easier to shoot off of the mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Eberhart Signature Series saddle and Trophyline Mission platform.
I have saddle hunted a very longtime and used most saddles . At this time I have a Cruzr XC a Aero Hunter Flex a Guido's Web and a Treesuit . But all I have used is the ESS saddle because it's so comfortable.

Last edited:
If weight isn't a problem, you could just carry in a hang-on stand and a set of sticks.

I’m planning on hunting in the city a lot next year. I already have multiple spots with lock on/ladder stands
Comfortable stands with sticks cost almost $500 total. What kind of saddle and platform do y’all recommend for me. I’m looking for something comfortable for all day sits. I’m not really worried about weight since in the city your not walking very far.
Thanks

For all day sits you will need a saddle that supports the most surface area or an adjustable two panel saddle. I started with the Sitdrag, Mantis, Tactisaddle, H2, Treehopper and now use the Cruzr XC and got a size 3 which is actually one size bigger for me but is awesome. I have done several all days in this saddle without any problems.

For all day sits you will need a saddle that supports the most surface area or an adjustable two panel saddle. I started with the Sitdrag, Mantis, Tactisaddle, H2, Treehopper and now use the Cruzr XC and got a size 3 which is actually one size bigger for me but is awesome. I have done several all days in this saddle without any problems.
Do you like your Cruzr better than your tethrd?

I suggest you purchase a saddle from a manufacture that offers a return if you do not like it. Like others have said, a saddle is a clothing item. Saddle manufactures suggest a size based on waist measurement. In my unprofessional opinion, hip size is just as important.

I like Eberhart Signature Series saddle and Trophyline Mission platform.
I have saddle hunter a very longtime and used most saddles . At this time I have a Cruzr XC a Aero Hunter Flex a Guido's Web and a Treesuit . But all I have used is the ESS saddle because it's so comfortable.
i know the Mission and EDP handle side pressure extremely well. Have you pushed from the back of the platform to get around the tree? I am thinking about ordering the EDP and wanting to leave the ring of steps at home. I would use my one-stick on the back of the tree

i know the Mission and EDP handle side pressure extremely well. Have you pushed from the back of the platform to get around the tree? I am thinking about ordering the EDP and wanting to leave the ring of steps at home. I would use my one-stick on the back of the tree
The Mission is very solid and has never moved on me no matter what I do.

Back