• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sasquatch

It's highly, highly doubtful but I keep an open mind. I saw a program where they ran the numbers to show what would be needed for a viable breeding population to avoid extinction and I felt like it was more than could remain hidden. I hope we never know for sure. I like some mystery out there.

It's funny, my dad's an avid believer, we even did a podcast episode about it!

I feel like there has to be something to it for there to be so many legends about them, historical sightings, and current day sightings. You can't tell me that native peoples that spent their entire lives in wilderness, misidentified a bear enough to create these legends.

Add to that the fact that while we may have billions of cameras in the woods, they're generally confined to relatively condensed areas. A lot of the wilderness hardly ever, if ever, gets people spending enough time out there to say for sure Bigfoot are not out there.

I’m very skeptical but I like to be open to all things. Heard a theory recently about extraterrestrials and Bigfoot being one and the same. Would explain the lack of finding evidence. My friends out west in Utah are very comfortable admitting to seeing UFOs and other phenomenon. They are very close to “skinwalker ranch”. They honestly seem bored with how regularly they see things they can’t explain.

I had this discussion recently and said in absence of finding any fossilized bones, I have a hard time believing. Then someone said “maybe they don’t have bones.” So they could be hairy starfish. BTW, don’t Google that phrase at work.

I'm just going to leave this right here...

I feel like there has to be something to it for there to be so many legends about them, historical sightings, and current day sightings. You can't tell me that native peoples that spent their entire lives in wilderness, misidentified a bear enough to create these legends.
I'd need a week to compile a list of all the stupid things some portion of 8 billion people believe (or claim to believe) that just aren't so. But at least bigfoot hasn't told anybody to go kill those people over there yet.

I'd need a week to compile a list of all the stupid things some portion of 8 billion people believe (or claim to believe) that just aren't so. But at least bigfoot hasn't told anybody to go kill those people over there yet.
Realistically I doubt they exist, but it's possible. Therems been a few species that shouldn't exist anymore and we've found them again. But we at least knew about those species because of fossils, and it is hard to argue that we should have found something by now, even if they buried their dead as some people theorize to explain no bones/fossils on record.

At least they're usually just throwing rocks at people to tell them to get the heck out of their woods!

I would love to be a believer but the evidence just isn't there. Why have there been no clear video's or photographs? Surely they are not immortal and yet no skeletons have been found. If one should pass under my platform, I might have to reconsider.

Yeah, no clear video with today's cameras doesn't make any sense. I'd like to think that if I saw one and whipped out my phone to record it, that I'd make sure it's super clear so there is no doubt

Here are some things to ponder….
After going to Alberta Canada and seeing how vast the woods are, it is certainly possible.

They have never found a skeleton, but how many mountain lion skeletons are found out in the woods?

Do bigfutz bury their kin folk?

The silverback gorilla was never known to exist until 1902. But everyone now knows that they exist.

I hunt in an area where big deer are killed every year, but I do not get them on camera and I never see them elusive monsters even though they often run out in front of cars.

People go missing every year and often times are never found when the person hiding them does not want them to be found. Even with massive search parties, tracking dogs, thermal images and investigations.

If in fact sansquanches do exist they would certainly be more intelligent than deer, and would probably avoid humans as much as possible.

Maybe female sansqanches do not play hard-to-get so the male bigfutz don’t need to travel extensively, buy a big house, have a good job, wear expensive cologne, or go to the local jewelry store to find a receptive “ doe”.

My buddies mother-in-law could certainly be mistaken for a sasquatch, and no one even wants to get her on camera.

Just some things to ponder for all of the naysayers out there.

Here are some things to ponder….
After going to Alberta Canada and seeing how vast the woods are, it is certainly possible.

They have never found a skeleton, but how many mountain lion skeletons are found out in the woods?

Do bigfutz bury their kin folk?

The silverback gorilla was never known to exist until 1902. But everyone now knows that they exist.

I hunt in an area where big deer are killed every year, but I do not get them on camera and I never see them elusive monsters even though they often run out in front of cars.

People go missing every year and often times are never found when the person hiding them does not want them to be found. Even with massive search parties, tracking dogs, thermal images and investigations.

If in fact sansquanches do exist they would certainly be more intelligent than deer, and would probably avoid humans as much as possible.

Maybe female sansqanches do not play hard-to-get so the male bigfutz don’t need to travel extensively, buy a big house, have a good job, wear expensive cologne, or go to the local jewelry store to find a receptive “ doe”.

My buddies mother-in-law could certainly be mistaken for a sasquatch, and no one even wants to get her on camera.

Just some things to ponder for all of the naysayers out there.
The boreal forest in Canada alone is almost 1 and a half billion acres....that doesn't include the almost 2 billion acres in Russia.....they can't even find Florida Panthers surrounded by civilization with the newest tech....the ivory billed woodpecker was just rediscovered after being "extinct" since the 40s

Back