• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shot another Dink

GeoFish

SH Member
May 5, 2021
Kentucky
Any deer is a good one. Where are you at with multiple buck tags?
In KY. we are only allowed one buck eventhough I pulled a WMA and LBL quota hunt tag.

• Wow
Reactions: khnc and Fuse Dude

Rutman

SH Member
Dec 11, 2021
NW Georgia
In KY. we are only allowed one buck eventhough I pulled a WMA and LBL quota hunt tag.

Does a LBL quota buck count the same as if it were shot on private? I didn’t think LBL was a bonus buck anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rutman

SH Member
Dec 11, 2021
NW Georgia
Correct, one buck period.
Makes me selective at the beginning of the season. By December it's anything with fur on its back.

I’m with you on that… it’s hard to pull the trigger on one when it’s a one and done state. All I hunt is LBL. I had a good 130in 9 at 20yds 3 weeks ago, still in velvet. It’s just too early in the season to shoot one that’s not a giant. Patience is hard for me.

• Wow
Reactions: BTaylor and Plebe

GeoFish

SH Member
May 5, 2021
Kentucky
I’m with you on that… it’s hard to pull the trigger on one when it’s a one and done state. All I hunt is LBL. I had a good 130in 9 at 20yds 3 weeks ago, still in velvet. It’s just too early in the season to shoot one that’s not a giant. Patience is hard for me.

Since you live close you can always hunt TN.

Hall17

Jan 27, 2021
Pennsylvania

Man 130” round here is big boy. I’ve seen one 160” deer shot at our camp and that’s rare. That’s why I’ll never go to Iowa. Coming back here it would just make it worse lol

khnc

Oct 29, 2020
Im in NC/SC. This buck was in SC. I can get 5 buck tags in SC and 4 in NC , if i choose too. Sometimes im extremely selective and other times i get the urge to shoot. I go to Kentucky to the place me and you PM'd about when i am looking for a stud public land buck. May possible be heading up there week of 11/07. Havent decided yet. Hope your hunt for the big 8pt is going good.

BuffaloBill

SH Member
Jan 20, 2019
Indiana
It is. R26. Had it since 2020. Killed 3 bucks with it. I just cant talk myself into being a full time xbow shooter. Love my compound too much. lol

Nice. I’ve got a cheap Centerpoint Sniper 370. Haven’t actually shot anything with it. Kind of unwieldy IMO. Those small Ravins would probably be the cats ass though. But $$$. Actually kind of going backwards and looking at a recurve ha.

Reactions: BTaylor and khnc