• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sitka’s garbage customer service UPDATE

jerwin1776

Heads up and awareness notification for any Sitka gear purchasers: I spent over a grand in Sitka gear in September 2022, and after one deer season a Sitka stratus jacket started unthreading at the cuffs and falling apart.

Sent it in early January for warranty, and here it is mid-May and no updates on when it’ll get fixed or replaced. Called Sitka and basically got a “tough s**t you’ll get it when you get it” answer.

Couldn’t be more disappointed in them, especially for an expensive high end gear company. Stick w scentlok, First Lite or Kuiu...that or do the smart thing and go w the clearance rack at Bass Pro.

UPDATE: After acting as a squeaky wheel, Sitka pulled through and finally reached out to offer an apology and showed real empathy. My warranty was pushed through and a future incentive was offered for my troubles. Long story short, they came through, of which Im thankful for. My gripes were not wanton complaints and I think anyone in my shoes would be just as upset (even the folks on here who disagreed with me). In Sitkas defense, they eventually came through so thanks to them for that and I'll give benefit of the doubt and continue being a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That’s unfortunate. Several years ago I thought I had good CS from them. They repaired a tear hole in my stratus bibs for free. It did however take 3 months to get them back in my hands.

Then I starting losing my zipper pulls. They told me they would send me some. 2 years later. They haven’t sent me any…lol

That’s unfortunate. Several years ago I thought I had good CS from them. They repaired a tear hole in my stratus bibs for free. It did however take 3 months to get them back in my hands.

Then I starting losing my zipper pulls. They told me they would send me some. 2 years later. They haven’t sent me any…lol

That kind of service is completely unsat for what we pay for their gear. Being treated like they’re doing us a favor is BS.

To me that seems very unacceptable. Hopefully they make good on it eventually.

I buy my hunting clothing from Amazon and Walmart. The ultra expensive clothing trend seems weird to me but I’m not up in the north.

Heads up and awareness notification for any Sitka gear purchasers: I spent over a grand in Sitka gear in September 2022, and after one deer season a Sitka stratus jacket started unthreading at the cuffs and falling apart.

Sent it in early January for warranty, and here it is mid-May and no updates on when it’ll get fixed or replaced. Called Sitka and basically got a “tough s**t you’ll get it when you get it” answer.

Couldn’t be more disappointed in them, especially for an expensive high end gear company. Stick w scentlok, First Lite or Kuiu...that or do the smart thing and go w the clearance rack at Bass Pro.

What exactly does "basically tough s**t you’ll get it when you get it" sound like? Is it more along the lines of some low-wage customer service person with limited access to the warranty people telling you as nice as possible they don't know? Because they probably don't.

Ya it hurts to cough up big money and get slow service.

There is also a good chance your call is the squeak of the week and your wheel got moved to the front of the line.

I was gifted a set of Fanatic bibs by my family for a birthday. I unfortunately caught a wild rose thorn and pulled a 1" tear in the leg 4 months after purchase. Called and asked about warranty, the said no. Asked about repair. they said ship both ways my cost, they would review, assess, and provide a cost or refuse to touch them and return to me. I asked about a small piece of material to patch it myself, they said no. Last time I buy anything Sitka.

Back