• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sitka Customer Service is amazing

devildog

I know there have been many great reviews on Sitka clothing already, so no need to tell people again how amazing the clothing is. However, I wanted to share a great customer service experience I had today. I ordered a Celsius Midi jacket and when the delivery came today I frantically opened the box and it was not a jacket but a trucker cap. I called the customer service line and told my story, and the rep immediately said keep the hat and we will send out the jacket priority shipping right now, by the time I was off the phone I already had the new order confirmation e-mail. Mistakes will always happen but when companies fix them with no questions asked this quickly. I look forward to doing business with them.

Yep they are awesome. I ripped a hole in my stratus bibs snagging them on a downed tree. I sent them out for repair. They didn’t charge me a dime.

While I don't own much Sitka anymore I will echo their fantastic cs. Part of their willingness in fixing issues or replacing items is built into the price of their prodcuts and I for one am 100% good with that. I'll gladly pay premium price for premium gear and stellar customer service. I like people to answer the phone when I call and take care of me when I have question or issues. I'm willing to pay the premium prices for that.

While I don't own much Sitka anymore I will echo their fantastic cs. Part of their willingness in fixing issues or replacing items is built into the price of their prodcuts and I for one am 100% good with that. I'll gladly pay premium price for premium gear and stellar customer service. I like people to answer the phone when I call and take care of me when I have question or issues. I'm willing to pay the premium prices for that.

What do you use?

Do you think the first lite is better stuff?
Having some of both I'll share my opinion. First Lite is plenty adequate and what you buy if you don't want to drop the coin on the top line Sitka stuff. I bought FL first and was plenty happy with the pieces and then I got Sitka and knew what I had been missing.

Do you think the first lite is better stuff?
In my opinion yes, what do I know though. Not that it matters but I hate the EV2 camo for where I hunt. I hunt big timber excluisvely and the pattern is to light, you ain't seeing much sky looking up from the ground where I hunt. I think they are both great product companies in their respective market and go with what you prefer.

I will add a couple more thoughts to that. Both of Sitka's main whitetail sets (Stratus and Fanatic) are magnets for burrs and stickers and tree bark and anything else. I find both series of those garments to have more audible noise than I'd expect in fleece based garments, I'm no audiology expert. My FL Solitude and Catalyst are super quiet and neither are burr/sticker magnets. FL wins in the wool sector. FL checks more boxes for me is all.

I have never owned either. I know I need something better for wind protection. I had heard good things about sitka and I think that may be what I end up getting when I free up the cash.

In my opinion yes, what do I know though. Not that it matters but I hate the EV2 camo for where I hunt. I hunt big timber excluisvely and the pattern is to light, you ain't seeing much sky looking up from the ground where I hunt. I think they are both great product companies in their respective market and go with what you prefer.

I will add a couple more thoughts to that. Both of Sitka's main whitetail sets (Stratus and Fanatic) are magnets for burrs and stickers and tree bark and anything else. I find both series of those garments to have more audible noise than I'd expect in fleece based garments, I'm no audiology expert. My FL Solitude and Catalyst are super quiet and neither are burr/sticker magnets. FL wins in the wool sector. FL checks more boxes for me is all.

Have never understood why sitka doesnt offer the whitetail line garments in the other 2 camo patterns. Cant remember ever being picked off in the EVII but I would have bought all my pieces in open country if they had been available. Like you said it really doesnt matter on the whole camo pattern thing other than life is just too dang short to hunt in ugly camo. In a perfect world for me First Lite and Sitka would both license Natgear so I could have merino layers from first lite and everything else from sitka and all of it be in Natgear camo. :grinning:

Sitka mountain pants are pretty much money for saddle hunting with the built in knee pads and light enough to wear early but not too light to take way into the season with some base layers.

Back