• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

"SITTER" or a "LEANER"

Jefferson10940

Staff member
Vendor Rep
SH Member
A question that I have seen come up here, so let's see how you spend most of your HangTime
Do you consider yourself a sitter or a leaner. I definitely do both but a greater majorityof the time I am a Leaner.

Pretty far on the leaner end of the spectrum. Sit or stand on my platform to rest. And when I say rest it's really more to relieve pressure points.

50/50. Depends on tree and situation but most of the time I spend about 50% of the time with knees against the tree and the other 50% of time leaning. I hardly ever adjust my tether though, I just straighten my legs to transition from sitting to leaning.

I’d say about 90% sitter with one knee pressed into the tree and the other leg kicked out next too the tree on one of my steps. With a kestrel and ROS.

80/20 - 80% leaning and occasionally sit to change it up.

50/50. Depends on tree and situation but most of the time I spend about 50% of the time with knees against the tree and the other 50% of time leaning. I hardly ever adjust my tether though, I just straighten my legs to transition from sitting to leaning.

No sense in me typing all that out again. Same.

Pretty far on the leaner end of the spectrum. Sit or stand on my platform to rest. And when I say rest it's really more to relieve pressure points.
sitting on the platform!?!? I've never thought of that, when is hunting season? I need to see if I can even get down there and get back up without scaring every deer in the county.

I do both and it really depends on the tree. But for the most part, if I am in a tree, I prefer to lean as I can execute my shot easier if I am standing.

Sit vs lean is a false dichotomy. I squat!

Seriously, I'm kinda stuck in an in-between situation where my feet, knees, and Heineken are all more or less evenly splitting the pressure. About a chin or neck-high tether. I hardly ever adjust my tether length in this position, and can sit comfortably all day this way.

Before I sat, and was fine for short sits. But an all day hunt would make my lower back sore.

Back