• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Small diameter rope on a budget

MettBriler

What's up SH?, just wanted to share the new linesman and tether setup I've put together after eyeballing the Oplux for a hot minute (and being budget minded) I set out to find the closest thing and I believe I've found it. Bluewater Protac 9mm and Sterling Rit 900 which is used to make the hollow block.
Going from bluewater assaultline to this is a big change not just in weight but the loss of bulk is huge.

Here are the specs

Bluewater Protac 9mm
Elongation 2.6%@ 300 lbf. Certified to EN 1891 Kernmantle rope standard Type “B”.
Diameter: 9mm
Grams Per Meter: 58
Sheath Slippage: 0mm
Tensile Strength: 6000 lbf. [26.7 kN]
Sheath Mass: 50%

Rit 900
Diameter (mm)MBS Rating (kN)
Weight (lb/100')Elongation at 300 lb (%)
MBS Rating (lb)

I paid 92c per foot for the Protac and $1.34 per foot for the Rit 900

Sterling does not recommend using hollowblock as main/ sole attachment point. So I am going to guess that this application is also not recommended. I’m using Sterling 6mm TRC on 9mm HTP, I dig it.

Sterling does not recommend using hollowblock as main/ sole attachment point. So I am going to guess that this application is also not recommended. I’m using Sterling 6mm TRC on 9mm HTP, I dig it.
That's good to know, where did you find that out?

Back