• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Small Tree setups

WCork

Would you guys hunt out of a tree that’s about 6” in diameter at hunting height?
Here’s a pic of the tree I’m considering
d007d4e0d7a0f08f6541489bf202b66f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there are deer under it fo sho. They are fun on windy days too.

I’ve done it and been busted. Situation was no wind and there was one small tree moving just from the excitement I still experience at a good buck coming at me. Probably the equivalent to waving at the dear.

Bottom line is your movement is amplified and is noticeable in a small tree. Leaves makes it worse. You might be able to get away with it with some wind.

Yup all the time if I need too. A lot of the thickets I hunt I can only get up about 12ft and I’ll be in a 4-5 inch tree. They can sway and move wind does help

Yes, I’ve hunted from smaller trees. Got picked off by a doe but not by any of the 5 little bucks that were following her around! That was quite a show.

Sure would and have. Not worried about the strength of those trees at all. It’s the huge diameter trees that are more likely to be rotten inside.
As others have mentioned, it’s easier to get busted in skinny trees. I don’t mind rocking and swaying in the wind.

I think that back cover and being still play a huge role in small trees, just something to breakup your silhouette

Yep no problem. I find them much more comfortable than a large size tree

Back