• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stolen valor

People actually do this? Insane to me. It's not the pictures I'm after. It's the experience and memories, neither of which he got.

We had a fella shoot a real nice buck last year In my county, then post it all over FB. People start to ask him questions and he says he shot it out on the west end of the county up on the mountain on public land. Problem was in his photo he was on his tailgate had the building of the fairgrounds in town behind him. And alot of locals in town, some of who are cops, have seen the deer around town and had trail cam photos near town of this uniquely antlered buck. He got arrested for baiting it to and shooting it on fairground property with a crossbow.

Oh the cess pool of social media. Stealing others photos all to receive some clicks and likes. Sadly, this is modern day marketing and media. Most don’t care about the authenticity and personal connections to their stories and articles, all they care about is the traffic and likes that help boost their advertising revenue.

My Dad and I don't get along very good but this one evening we were sitting across the table chatting while he was breezing through the paper. After a few seconds of him turning the page the one picture looked familiar to me. Even though it was upside-down
It was a picture that I took of an ex-buddy and his kid holding up a nice 11pt. I shot and a big 10pt. a good buddy shot on the same day...

That weirdo actually put that picture in the Butler Eagle and said they shot those bucks!

47169F68-2169-494B-9440-3BE5D85B096D.png My GOOD buddy's was bigger.

Last edited:
That is the redneck version of catfishing. Maybe we can coin the phrase “hardhead catfishing”

People actually do this? Insane to me. It's not the pictures I'm after. It's the experience and memories, neither of which he got.

We had a fella shoot a real nice buck last year In my county, then post it all over FB. People start to ask him questions and he says he shot it out on the west end of the county up on the mountain on public land. Problem was in his photo he was on his tailgate had the building of the fairgrounds in town behind him. And alot of locals in town, some of who are cops, have seen the deer around town and had trail cam photos near town of this uniquely antlered buck. He got arrested for baiting it to and shooting it on fairground property with a crossbow.
Philly, MS?

That's why I usually only post photos like this one I took on a recent hunt with myself and my dog in it so nobody can act like it's their pic.
Screenshot_20231203_133534_Gallery.jpg

Lol but in all seriousness, I really don't understand the need for social media cred and likes. It's a bit too much. Stolen valor (of the pretending to be military variety) is even worse.

Back