• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sträva Saddle Hunter Club

GreginPA

SH Member
Hey all,

So the 2022 Post Season Encouragement thread was a great thread and helped me stay motivated. In the last year, despite dealing with some injury, I've made a lot of progress with my fitness. I've joined a track team, run on/off track a lot, and completed a couple races as well as started weight training.

Strava is an app, that you can use for free (or pay for some upgrades), to track your workouts across multiple sports as well as encourage other people with their exercise activities. A lot of people use it for running, but you can also record weight lifting, walking, bicycling, hiking etc. If you use a smart watch (apple, Garmin, etc) you can automatically upload some or all of workouts to Strava based off the activity type.

I thought it might be fun to have a Saddle Hunter Club on Strava, so I made one. If we want to we can make club challenges. The link is below, so if you already use Strava consider joining the club. If you want to try it just make a free account and request to join the club. You don't have to share maps of where you run/walk/hike but it is an option if you want to. Another cool feature is that you can log miles on specific gear. So you can keep track of how many miles are on your shoes/boots if you are interested in that.

you can record workouts in the app directly too, or even enter manually if you didn't take your phone.

When I mountain biked a lot more, strava was the goto app for the trails. They have trail segments and you can see where your time ranked versus other riders through that section on a daily and alltime basis. That was neat.

Workout yesterday was about 40 arrows through the longbow. The day before was 7 rounds with a vest of 1 minute sprints @50% resistance on the eliptical, 4 burpees and 4 clean and squat 2x50# db. The suck definitely exceeded expectation.

Tonight's plan is 1.5M warm up, one min on, one min off x 15 @ 5k pace (6:50/M or better) and then another 1.5M cooldown

Hold me accountable on Strava if I don't keep the 6:50/M pace lol

There is an app called Healthfit in the Apple Store that can pull in data from lots of different apps and export to Strava or other apps. I just started using it and it seems like a good app to coordinate multiple apps through to post to one app.

Skipped working out yesterday to watch the Hogs beat LSU in the SEC tournament but hit a new PR Wed evening on DB cleans and DB rows. Had to be at a conference Wed and Thurs. The hotel gym had DB set that went up through 100#. Our gym only has them through 85#. Did a progressive cardio workout on the eliptical and then started with the cleans. Was pleasantly surprised to be able to do 100# rows with both arms and even more happy to be able to clean it with both arms. Just a couple years ago it was difficult for me to clean 50's. I am by no stretch a strong guy just sharing for encouragement to others that may just be getting started on thier journey. Coming up quickly on 55 and continually improving fitness and strength after 25 years of doing exactly nothing to take care of myself. If you want to be in better shape or stronger or both, dont set a goal. Make a freakin decision that is what you are going to do and get to work, slow and steady. Push yourself to improve, not to be awesome right out of the gate or over night. Dont worry about what anyone else may be able to do and focus on making yourself better.

welcome to the club guys. sorry for the delay, been offline at Boy Scout camp trying to get 11 year olds to stop crying.
My work outs will be hit or miss until 7/5, then it's on!

Yesterday we did rounds of 2 minutes of high resistance/high tempo on the eliptical, 15 KB swing @ 70# and 5 each arm DB hang clean/press @ 55#. Slowly building the press back up after tweaking my left shoulder early last year.

welcome to the club guys. sorry for the delay, been offline at Boy Scout camp trying to get 11 year olds to stop crying.
My work outs will be hit or miss until 7/5, then it's on!
Next time show 'em the pool scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Nothing on earth captures the attention of 11 y/o boys faster than boobies.

Back