• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Summit Climber Seat for Saddle

Mengle

Has anybody tried to use a summit seat for a saddle similar to the web? It is just over $40 and seems like it would be very comfortable.
upload_2017-8-20_20-31-59.png

I thought about it also. But I never tried it. Looks like it may work

I used an old summit seat that I had cut the back off of. Works quite well. Really comfortable. In fact, today I am going to fold the straps in 3rds and stitch them up and make a new bridge for it. The only downfall I found using it last year is the size of it while walking in. It's not bad, just a little bulky. I'm also going to make a waist belt for it so I can snug it up around my waist for the walk, then I clip it when I get to hunting height. I'll post pics when I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my seat/saddle. It's kind of bulky, but I don't really walk that far, probably 1000-1500yds max, so bulk isn't really an issue. It's extremely comfortable. I used it a few times last year with a diy steel platform I made. Today I stitched the straps over on themselves to make them a bit more rigid and not wrinkle up as bad under load. I also tied a new bridge today with 1" tubular webbing. I also got an XOP hand climber seat to use as a platform with my lone wolf sticks. Once I get better at monkeying around I may try to use the hand climber seat to climb with. Anyways, if bulk isn't an issue, I recommend using the summit seat. Mine was "free" since it was laying in my shop with back already cut off.
da1967a0e22fda35f8630c29f358a413.jpg
c9e637646c5f1ec5c1ffc55b271870ea.jpg
0171cdbea1bdac3d1b984a1ea3b60e85.jpg

I never got around to trying it. I used my sit drag all season but I am happy to see there are more comfortable options.

@Hailey_Phillips do you think you could turn the seat and back rest into a diy version of a Guido's web. I have been thinking about this for a while now as I have the climber and seat in the garage not getting any use. I was debating on selling it or trying an attempt at the Guido's web. Just looking for advice/suggestions on the feasibility of the project.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

@Hailey_Phillips do you think you could turn the seat and back rest into a diy version of a Guido's web. I have been thinking about this for a while now as I have the climber and seat in the garage not getting any use. I was debating on selling it or trying an attempt at the Guido's web. Just looking for advice/suggestions on the feasibility of the project.

I feel very confident that it would work. You would probably need a sewing machine or access to someone who can sew so you can make straps coming off the backrest to attach to your bridge like the aero hunter back band. Make them adjustable so you can fine tune your angle. And ALWAYS wear some type of harness with any kind of setup like this since if the seat gives, you have nothing to stop you from falling. I recommend a RC harness of some sort. I used a Black Diamond harness and it was great. I’ve since moved on to a kestrel for this coming year

I have both the sewing machine and a rock climbing harness. I have 2 different thoughts I was thinking of doing. One is to just use the basic summit seat and back rest with some minor modifications.... Might be able to fit this 1 in to my list.

The other thought is to try to make one similar to the new Guido's web. Not sure I'm going to get to the style project this year though.

Please excuse my ignorance but How do you get the seat straps to make the loop? I have an old summit that I’m going to take the seat off anyways for replacement. Was gonna buy a sit drag but if I have the summit seat already I might as well save money right? Lol

Please excuse my ignorance but How do you get the seat straps to make the loop? I have an old summit that I’m going to take the seat off anyways for replacement. Was gonna buy a sit drag but if I have the summit seat already I might as well save money right? Lol
I just ordered the mantis but may look into this yet. I was going to just use webbing to make the bridge similar to how it is done on the Guido's web. You could also just use rope for the bridge in a similar way.

I just ordered the mantis but may look into this yet. I was going to just use webbing to make the bridge similar to how it is done on the Guido's web. You could also just use rope for the bridge in a similar way.

I understand how to make the bridge. I just meant the loops on the actual seat. My seat aren’t loops, didn’t know if they were sewn together or what was done

I understand how to make the bridge. I just meant the loops on the actual seat. My seat aren’t loops, didn’t know if they were sewn together or what was done
Ok. I understand now. 2 ways I was thinking of doing it. First would be to sew or tie your webbing in a loop to connect to the straps on each side. Or you could use rope to connect them in a loop and connect that to the bridge.

The second method I considered was to remove the seems and take out the padding. I would put a zipper in and new straps/webbing that would be in a continuous loop. I would then put the padding back in. Think sit drag on steroids.

The first method would be the easiest and the second method I'm thinking of just making it from materials I have. Hopefully that explains it better.

Has anybody tried to use a summit seat for a saddle similar to the web? It is just over $40 and seems like it would be very comfortable.
View attachment 2389
I saw a thread on here that did exactly what you are describing and thought about attempting it prior to purchasing a guidos web. I was still really curious after I buying the web so I took the aluminum plate out of the web to see if it was very comfortable but it seemed to cause hip pinch.

I saw a thread on here that did exactly what you are describing and thought about attempting it prior to purchasing a guidos web. I was still really curious after I buying the web so I took the aluminum plate out of the web to see if it was very comfortable but it seemed to cause hip pinch.
Ok. Thanks for the input. I may have to think of something then for a frame on the exterior of the seat cushion.

Back