• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Super compact gear hanger

Squirrels

I’m sure I’m not the first to do this but I wanted a compact gear hanger. I’d been using a strap style hanger with the loops and had made a kydex bow holder that stayed mounted to my bow. Only downfall for me was the bulk of that style hanger. I made all of the one pictured from Dynaglide and a piece of 7/64” Amsteel (continuous loop girth hitched to riser cut out). The gear loops are continuous loops tied as prusiks, the hook for thebow is kydex. Total length of the hanger is 9 foot bow is kydex. Total length of the hanger is 9 foot.

7FBD36A4-C0F7-4C82-A062-63EF140DC093.jpeg6A9B84E5-44EA-4C4B-B7E5-EF3C3BFC6BCD.jpeg697024F3-3C37-488E-B572-FFCDF20A8526.jpeg4553BB2A-276A-49F5-88FA-4A780B2475C6.jpeg630B8C36-B170-4E02-BF29-94751A7ECFDB.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I like it. I agree that the bulk of a strap setup is unacceptable. I made a hys strap and gave it away to someone on here because it just takes up too much space.

Does it come off the hanger nice and clean? No momentary hangups when you're freaking out?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I like it. I agree that the bulk of a strap setup is unacceptable. I made a hys strap and gave it away to someone on here because it just takes up too much space.

Does it come off the hanger nice and clean? No momentary hangups when you're freaking out?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

None at all!!! The loop on the bow maintains its shape when you pull it off the hanger as well so it’s easy to put back on. That was my biggest concern when building it. My testing has eliminated that concern and it’s so compact.

Nicely done! I always wonder why zingit and dyno glide aren't used more often. 708484cba6116ea8de96924a9b20b491.jpg mine. I have since gotten rid of the bow hanger and mounted a kydex clip to the bow and quiver that slide right into the loops. Also down sized the s clip

Nicely done! I always wonder why zingit and dyno glide aren't used more often. View attachment 53542 mine. I have since gotten rid of the bow hanger and mounted a kydex clip to the bow and quiver that slide right into the loops. Also down sized the s clip

Yep plenty strong yet small. I had one like yours I made of 7/64 couple years back but all the loops weren’t my thing. All personal preference. I just know a gear hang doesn’t need to take up more room than about 1/2 a rangefinder. I want to be able to put it in a pant pocket and it not fill the pocket to the gills.

I like the 7/64" hanger I made this summer, it packs to about 1/4 the size of my old strap hanger. I am still looking for a good compact bow hanger--still using a HeroClip.

I like the 7/64" hanger I made this summer, it packs to about 1/4 the size of my old strap hanger. I am still looking for a good compact bow hanger--still using a HeroClip.
Kydex brother. Either a bow mounted style or the one like mine.

Little Kydex clip. One on the bow and one on the quiver
4b3c639a31e555a2c9b7731cffcd34b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Any concerns with kydex failing after getting beat up in a pack? I always think of plastics being more likely to fail than aluminum or steel.

Last edited:
Nicely done! I always wonder why zingit and dyno glide aren't used more often. View attachment 53542 mine. I have since gotten rid of the bow hanger and mounted a kydex clip to the bow and quiver that slide right into the loops. Also down sized the s clip
Did you daisy chain the zing-it?

How do you tie/tighten around tree
Has a loop on the end. Run it around the tree, then through the loop. Then there is an adjustable hook to tighten it up. Just like the pic above shows.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

nice, i've been using a daisy chained amsteel gear hanger and like it, but am going to steal your ow hanger idea- the hero clip gets hung up every once in a while. i've been using one of the nite ize cam jams to hang it, super simple, before putting it on the tree i pass one end of the daisy through the cam jam and lock it in, then all i have to do it throw it arund the tree, hook the camjam to the end of the daisy chain and pull the tag end to tighten. taking it off is even easierjsut pull tag end forward, the clip is captured so you can just hold the clip and drop the tag end and everything satys attached/ ready to put away. https://www.niteize.com/product/CamJam.asp

I'll have to make a dyneema hanging strap while up in the tree. I always have my spool of throwline with me. I'll make it from that.

Back