• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Super Simple Platform

Stykbow1

Vendor Rep
Hey Guys,

I have been meaning to post this for a while but I'm finally getting around to it. A while back I received a call from a local hunter a few towns over regarding the Aero Hunter and we talked several times and kept in touch during the season. As a thank you for helping him out he gave me one of these platforms he made from a piece of Marine exhaust tube and a ratchet strap. It is super simple but strong, quiet, and virtually bulletproof.

Back in October I was talking with John Eberhart about saddles and saddle hunting and I sent him a picture and John urged me to post it on the site because it was a radical but simple solution. So here it finally is Jim Warwick's simple but effective solution to a platform for saddle style hunting. I hope that it adds another tool to the saddle hunters toolbox!

Roger,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 466
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 478
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 460
It's a small world. We've already heard about this! :p

Interesting. I must have missed it.

Is that a tire?

Edit: Nevermind. I see it's exhausting tubing.

Red was it the same pictures? I told John about it back in October did someone else post it?

Roger,

G2 it's a piece of marine exhaust hose it is rubber on the outside and has steel threads on the inside.

Roger,

Red was it the same pictures? I told John about it back in October did someone else post it?

Roger,
Yes, except the one with the feet. I believe John sent the photos to mausty to post them on here.

Ok I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't someone else's idea I wanted to give Jim Warwick credit for his invention. As far as I know I hadn't seen it before until he showed it to me and gave me one. I sent those pictures to John back in October when we were emailing about saddle hunting tips and techniques. So then the guys already know about it.

Thanks,

That's actually pretty dang cool. What does it weigh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with @flinginairos on this being good for preset spots where you can't screw in.

So that leads me to another thought. I would worry about nylon webbing straps getting chewed up by squirrels if you leave them up. Can we find a rodent proof option?

Although now that I think of it, aren't there a bunch of tree stands that use webbing? hmm

I agree with @flinginairos on this being good for preset spots where you can't screw in.

So that leads me to another thought. I would worry about nylon webbing straps getting chewed up by squirrels if you leave them up. Can we find a rodent proof option?

Although now that I think of it, aren't there a bunch of tree stands that use webbing? hmm

We set several ladder stands for my dad and wife and have never had an issue with rodents messing with straps. Sunlight is the biggest issue with them and they get weak over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back