• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 2 Thread

Game plan for this weekend is to do an afternoon hunt tomorrow and a morning hunt sunday. Tomorrow will be a low probability scouting hunt but want to do my first actual saddle hunt setup in the daylight. Sunday, the plan it to setup about 0500 for a dawn hunt. There's a good chance I'll see deer at that location. Whether or not they're close enough or I get one is another story.

Hey team two! Thought I'd got a contest entry in already but I was on the ground and failed to get my saddle in the photos so here's hoping to deer #2 counting. Hoping to get out next weekend or the weekend after, will keep you posted and good luck to you all. If your season hasn't opened yet, post up when opener is please!

Hmmm. Just checked tomorrow's forecast and it appears like the wind is now forecast to be in an entirely different direction. Earlier this week it was forecast to be a southern wind but now shows a strong northern wind. If that holds true, I've got to hunt a completely different area tomorrow.

@Wirrex, are you seeing the same thing where you're at?

Hmmm. Just checked tomorrow's forecast and it appears like the wind is now forecast to be in an entirely different direction. Earlier this week it was forecast to be a southern wind but now shows a strong northern wind. If that holds true, I've got to hunt a completely different area tomorrow.

@Wirrex, are you seeing the same thing where you're at?

Yep north, north east. Perfect for me.

My property is a transition zone directly between where they bed/water and where they feed. As long as they're moving, I know where they'll pass. Tomorrow's N/NE wind will put me on the south side of a dry creek bed (normally running) that they've been using as a highway all summer.

Just got back from a trip in Colorado and back in the south east. I have to work through next Sunday but after that I will be able to go full tilt. Besides, it is still 87 degrees here anyways.

Looks like a great team to be apart of this year. I’m excited to get in the woods tomorrow and see what’s gonna happen!

I’m Travis. Live in the south suburbs of Minneapolis and pretty much hunt south of the cities. I have a few special permit hunts this year and plan to hunt hard from open to close. I’m not picky and have a bunch of tags in hand. My season starts tomorrow, and it’s been the longest work day of my dang life!

Hello Team 2!!
Glad to be a part of the shenanigans this year!!

I’m Jason and originally from TX but have lived a mile inside AR for the last 10 years.

I hunt both sides of the line on public and will go out of state somewhere every year also. Indiana this year. AR archery opens the 25th so I’ve got to wait a little longer.

Can’t wait to go to battle with you fellas.

Do most of my hunting in Mississippi and have a Kentucky trip planned as well so hopefully can get some points for the team. Bow season doesn’t start till October 1 so I’ve got a couple more weeks of waiting.

Do we have anyone on the team smart enough to whip up a logo? I was kind of thinking a spike buck aka 2 point or something would work.

Back