• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 6

Hey everyone, I’m in western New York. It’s my first year entering this contest as It was late In last season before I bought a saddle and found this site! 3 good buddies and I have a 350 acre private lease that has been very productive the past 4 years so hopefully I can help put some points on the board. Season starts 10-1 but unfortunately I will be headed off to work for 3 weeks on 10-5. Looking to take my bow with me and find something to hunt close to where I’ll be working. Good luck to everyone this season I look forward to sharing some stories!

Let's go team 6!! Passed on really nice 8 point this evening. Just sub 125, but he probably needs another year or two. We have some bigger bucks on this property so he got Pass. I was actually hoping to shoot a fat doe tonight but the 3 I saw never came close enough. I wish everyone the best of luck this season. Hunt hard and be safe.

I’m in NY as well and we open October 1st where I am too. I should be able to hunt the first 2 or 3 days of the season and a few other days throughout the month. I’ll be taking all of November off though! Goodluck to everyone and I look forward to sharing stories and each others success.

What you guys think.. have that buck I’m chasing. Cell cam in the area and he hasn’t hit that transition since Aug 28. This is 3rd year with that buck. He usually shows up early, then toward end of September, then pretty regularly through Oct and late season he’s always there.

November he shows up for 2-3 days and then is gone for another 3-4.

I can hunt this piece on almost any wind outside of a SW.

do I wait until I get him on camera again or keep sitting when weather permits?

What you guys think.. have that buck I’m chasing. Cell cam in the area and he hasn’t hit that transition since Aug 28. This is 3rd year with that buck. He usually shows up early, then toward end of September, then pretty regularly through Oct and late season he’s always there.

If you have previous intel that he shows up on certain days, I’d hold out and hit it then! I have a spot I always sit Nov. 1-3 and I think 3 out of 4 years I’ve shot or seen one come through.

I’d say if you don’t have any worries of bumping him out of there, why wait? If it’s a specific buck that you are looking for of course. Sounds like he spends a lot of time there from what you are saying. I’d say it’s more likely he’s just not walking by your cameras. Hang an observation set you can see a long ways and don’t plan to kill anything. Just take some good binos and see what you can learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have previous intel that he shows up on certain days, I’d hold out and hit it then! I have a spot I always sit Nov. 1-3 and I think 3 out of 4 years I’ve shot or seen one come through.
I agree, work with the prior intel. I watched 3 does milling around near one of my cell cameras on Friday for 2 hours and I never got a picture of them.

Back