• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether tag end help!?!?!?

Mobow95

Can’t find a good place for the tag end of my tether rather not have hanging down ideas or pictures would be great!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just leave a little slack for adjusting then half hitch the bulk around the bit between biner and the eye.

I’ve seen a couple pics of of it wrapped around noose style.

I snapped this a few days ago. Hopefully it helps. You can sorta see the deal

134f723b32f79c0fd53788ed10f7b87b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks guys guna have to try all of these!!!! Still using the stock purisk knot still not sure about the ropeman deals......... and willing to spend the dough to try it lol

I'll never understand why every experienced saddle hunter (not you) doesn't clip the tag end back in to the biner. If the prusik rope or ropeman breaks, this will save your life or at least stop you from falling to the ground. I have been doing it for 13 years, it doesn't get in the way. Oh and its free plus Screenshot_20200105-205438.jpgmakes a nice armrest.

I'll never understand why every experienced saddle hunter (not you) doesn't clip the tag end back in to the biner. If the prusik rope or ropeman breaks, this will save your life or at least stop you from falling to the ground. I have been doing it for 13 years, it doesn't get in the way. Oh and its free plus View attachment 23002makes a nice armrest.

I do this! Best idea for tag end

I'll never understand why every experienced saddle hunter (not you) doesn't clip the tag end back in to the biner. If the prusik rope or ropeman breaks, this will save your life or at least stop you from falling to the ground. I have been doing it for 13 years, it doesn't get in the way. Oh and its free plus View attachment 23002makes a nice armrest.

Never even thought of that... gonna do this from now on.

To those that clip the tag end back into the tether carabiner, do you insure the tag end in passed back through your bridge, effectively wrapping the tag end once around the bridge? I’ve double and triple wrapped the tag end around my amsteel bridge before, but always wondered if it was actually going to do anything during a fall/equipment failure. Usually a short brainstorm for me, as I don’t like to ponder such events while at hunting height.

To those that clip the tag end back into the tether carabiner, do you insure the tag end in passed back through your bridge, effectively wrapping the tag end once around the bridge? I’ve double and triple wrapped the tag end around my amsteel bridge before, but always wondered if it was actually going to do anything during a fall/equipment failure. Usually a short brainstorm for me, as I don’t like to ponder such events while at hunting height.

I have considered running the tag end thru both bridge loops and tie into the biner also
Just comes down to a game of inches
Good idea on the bridge wrap though
Well done @Guff Dawg

Back