• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether'd Predator Platform

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
I love my original Predator platform. I've hunted hard and pounded the hell out of this thing.... not one single pop, slip or anything. It has performed flawlessly. Congrats and thank you to Greg and Ernie for putting out a great saddle platform.

Love mine too...newbie saddle guy so I don't know anything else. I do feel like a Predator while on it...:yum:

I love mine. Been using it all season. I wanna buy another one. Anybody know the lead time on getting one that is ordered today 11/19/2018

I love mine. Been using it all season. I wanna buy another one. Anybody know the lead time on getting one that is ordered today 11/19/2018

I sent them an email asking that about two weeks ago and haven’t received an answer yet. So I’m guessing........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like mine a lot. It did start creaking on my hunt yesterday after a few hours though. I'm going to try some of the things guys said they did to address that.

I need to comb through all the threads here, but I think a lot of people used bow wax.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Anybody just remove those washers and replace with metal washers? It doesnt need to be tight fit, just remove any slop. They likely use them due to the draft on the platform from the casting process. Theres a tolerance on those parts, hence the reason some squeak and some dont. Even on my old LW stuff with those washers I had squeak issues on some mornings when I hinged the platform open. I think Tethrd needs to look at other solutions.

I finally broke down and accepted that getting one from someone who has one isnt going to happen. I ordered mine over the weekend. Last I saw on facebook they were hoping to catch up in mid December?

Predator showed up today along with the butt warmer. I'll try it tomorrow or the next day. 3-6" of snow coming tonight.

I finally got my predator last Tuesday, and was able to hunt with it this past weekend. Told my buddies this thing is solid as Mother Earth! I can finally stop packing this crappy steel tree stand seat!

I hunted this past weekend out of the predator platform and I must say this thing is nice. Very easy to hang super light weight. And it never moved or made a sound.
What really surprised me is while setting up my last lone wolf stick I noticed a doe less than 50 yards looking my way . Thinking well this is over I decided to just continue setting up slowly. With little afford I hung the predator platform and tied in my tether . She never heard me and my movement was blocked by the tree and she couldn’t get my wind.
My only complaint is it’s small for my liking I wish it was a touch bigger. But then again it’s easy to pack and lite weight as it is now so it’s a trade off.

ordered 10/9. My predator showed up yesterday. Still waiting on the saddle. I was fortunate enough to pick up a full mantis set up of of classifieds a few weeks ago and I will say that the platform is rock solid and so compact that it will be hard to beat. Have been wearing it in clipped on the loops with a nite ize s clip. Have 550 cord wrapped around the edges and stealth tape along the mounting pole and top cleat. Absolutely love it. Well worth the wait in my opinion.

Damn amazon and their free 2 day shipments are ruining everything!!

I love my predator platform as well. I was out of state last week on a hunt my buddy who got me in to saddle hunting was asking me how I could stay in the tree all day. I let him try my predator and he said I should have listened to you and ordered one. He could not believe how small it is. I have not heard a noise from mine since I waxed the washers and bolts. I agree 110% Ernie and Greg did a outstanding job with everything they sell.

Sometimes I do not get it cam locked like it should be, so I just lift the platform, push down more on the post and lock it in again. This makes sitting in the saddle much more comfortable when leaning back. I move my feet around different points on the platform from using the sides to standing on top. It a good piece of equipment to have.

Sometimes I do not get it cam locked like it should be, so I just lift the platform, push down more on the post and lock it in again. This makes sitting in the saddle much more comfortable when leaning back. I move my feet around different points on the platform from using the sides to standing on top. It a good piece of equipment to have.

Are you camming it like we did the LW stands? Used to put my knee on the seat, hug the tree and lift the platform with my other foot. So are you standing on the top of the post and lifting the platform with other foot?

Yes if you put one foot on post and lift up with your other foot then lock down it’s rock solid

Yes if you put one foot on post and lift up with your other foot then lock down it’s rock solid

That isn’t recommended with the Gen1 Predator. On certain trees it creates enough pressure on the back triangle that it might snap off. The gen2 it shouldn’t be an issue at all. Just a word of caution if you are using a gen1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you know what one you have I probably have a 1 because I ordered the first day they started sales

Back