• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether'd Predator Platform

I was on a pine yesterday and I did not have any noise at all out of mine. I have not lubed it or anything. The several times before it did sound off a few times. So I found that interesting.

As a whole I have to give it an A+. As a big guy I worry about design etc. I find it very sturdy.

I never thought I would like a platform until the predator came along... It was always ameristeps up until now Great product

Last edited:
I have a diy xop platform. Will I notice any big improvements with the pred.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a xop I didn’t like it much mostly because it was awkward to pack since they pivot in the middle of the post and ultimately I found it cumbersome so I ditched it went back to a ring of steps bought the predator when it came out and I love it packs super easy and is crazy light..... just my 2 cents

Yes as the most understated answer I can personally give. Thing is amazing.

Im just curious about foot room. I wear a 13 rubber boot that doesnt leave too much room on my xop platform which I believe is a larger area than the Predzeez.

Im just curious about foot room. I wear a 13 rubber boot that doesnt leave too much room on my xop platform which I believe is a larger area than the Predzeez.

I wear size 13 boots also. There’s just enough room for both feet on the platform. No room to dance but plenty of room to do the Davet shuffle.

I wear a 12 and don't have any complaints as far as foot room goes. I would like to have one that was slightly larger so that I could completely stand on it. This is mainly to get dressed while in stand. leaning back and getting dressed while unhooking from this or that is not my favorite thing to do.

I just got my gen 1 platform bought used. Threw it on a tree real fast and seem to work great. Size 11 shoe and thought the size was just right.

Maybe one day they will make a few different sizes. I need one I can completely stand up on for layering. Glad I asked before I ordered Gen 2.

Back