• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd FAS Pack orders

Buckhorn70

SH Member
Anyone received a shipping noticed that ordered one of these Packs. I placed my order on Blk Friday and have not heard a peep since.

Update 12/19/22….. notified pack is shipping today. Order was placed on Black Friday.

Last edited:
Why would they open orders when they aren’t ready to ship? They had them listed as in stock ready to roll. There was nothing that implied these were preorders. That’s sleazy business tactics just to take advantage of the Black Friday buying frenzy. I canceled my order. I will let you guys be the Guinea pigs on this one.

Why would they open orders when they aren’t ready to ship? They had them listed as in stock ready to roll. There was nothing that implied these were preorders. That’s sleazy business tactics just to take advantage of the Black Friday buying frenzy. I canceled my order. I will let you guys be the Guinea pigs on this one.
Another blunder. Are you surprised????

What’s the saying? “Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me”……

I think I am going to cancel my order Monday. I was eager to try it but the more I study the picture of the pack on the hunters back with the game cart/deer in another thread…….looks like it may be too small for my needs. I am going to wait for others to receive the pack and evaluate. Season is almost over anyway so I have time Before next season If I change my mind.

I also Don’t like the fact the pack Hasn’t shipped yet. Tethrd gave the impression they were ready to roll when I ordered, but obviously they weren’t. Pack is kinda pricey for what it appears to be as well……..

My Elberlestock X2 does the job anyway, although it’s not perfect It has…… Plenty of room when needed, collapsible to a smaller profile when the Extra room is not needed, has a rigid frame that keeps pack off your back on warm days, can haul meat if needed, handles sticks/platforms and extra layers. Only cons is the pocket layout is not perfect and the pack fabric can be noisy on really cold days. I want a pack that can be kinda low profile in the early season but can expand and handle extra layers for colder weather.

Still looking the perfect pack though……….

Last edited:
I made a post in another thread about this type of sales technique. They did this with their sticks also if some of you remember. It was the fantastic marketing job of buy now, selling fast, last chance, and everyone ordered. And then. Nothing.

I assumed they were front loading their accounts monetarily to then front their investors. Then worry about the consumer. Some did the same with the sticks and canceled their orders. So what if you take a ten percent loss on canceled orders? You’re still up 90 percent. And that segment of the market will sit silently until their sticks are produced and shipped months later.

I have seen this method in the firearms industry since 2008 at least. Pre orders, get em now or you will never get one. Then customers would wait six months for an AR-15 lower they paid $99 for on Black Friday.

The packs will ship eventually. Probably in February or March. They will make a statement about global supply chain issues etc etc.

Cancel your order. Go get the Kifaru they ripped the design from or, sit and wait for your product to ship. Either way they still have your money sitting in an account gaining interest daily. As the end user all you have is the benefit of knowing you helped them show a great fourth quarters earnings report but no product that you paid for.

I made a post in another thread about this type of sales technique. They did this with their sticks also if some of you remember. It was the fantastic marketing job of buy now, selling fast, last chance, and everyone ordered. And then. Nothing.

I assumed they were front loading their accounts monetarily to then front their investors. Then worry about the consumer. Some did the same with the sticks and canceled their orders. So what if you take a ten percent loss on canceled orders? You’re still up 90 percent. And that segment of the market will sit silently until their sticks are produced and shipped months later.

I have seen this method in the firearms industry since 2008 at least. Pre orders, get em now or you will never get one. Then customers would wait six months for an AR-15 lower they paid $99 for on Black Friday.

The packs will ship eventually. Probably in February or March. They will make a statement about global supply chain issues etc etc.

Cancel your order. Go get the Kifaru they ripped the design from or, sit and wait for your product to ship. Either way they still have your money sitting in an account gaining interest daily. As the end user all you have is the benefit of knowing you helped them show a great fourth quarters earnings report but no product that you paid for.

Tetherd should have just been upfront about lead times. They waited a few days later to reveal the shipping delays on their website.You are right though… they will only get a few cancelations and they got some up front capital to operate.

I just sent an email canceling my order. I will wait until some average joes submit some reviews, especially on the size of the Fas Pack.

Hopefully the pack manufacturers are in an arms race to create the perfect whitetail/saddle pack.

Sorry but , This is why i will never buy or even accept anything from this company.
Way too much misleading info and screw ups to consumers over the years and just kind of like used car salesman of the 80’s trying to always sell lemons.
seems like there is always a slimy excuse from these dudes.
shame because they seemed like good dudes at first.

Almost pulled the trigger on the gen 3 one sticks a while back. Seeing the thread about them really almost sold me. Now after seeing this, I’m good. I really want the sticks but Tethrd just keeps rubbing me the wrong way. Not hating just don’t trust them.

I wonder if Kifaru is making these for them. 100% American made, built like a tank, very similar to Kifaru materials and shapes. The price sure seems in line with Kifaru. Kifaru definitely makes an awesome pack. Also, I noticed this in the product description:

Description
*DUE TO HIGH ORDER VOLUME, YOUR ORDER WILL MOST LIKELY SHIP IN JANUARY*

But this may have been added recently.

I think I am going to cancel my order Monday. I was eager to try it but the more I study the picture of the pack on the hunters back with the game cart/deer in another thread…….looks like it may be too small for my needs. I am going to wait for others to receive the pack and evaluate. Season is almost over anyway so I have time Before next season If I change my mind.

I also Don’t like the fact the pack Hasn’t shipped yet. Tethrd gave the impression they were ready to roll when I ordered, but obviously they weren’t. Pack is kinda pricey for what it appears to be as well……..

My Elberlestock X2 does the job anyway, although it’s not perfect It has…… Plenty of room when needed, collapsible to a smaller profile when the Extra room is not needed, has a rigid frame that keeps pack off your back on warm days, can haul meat if needed, handles sticks/platforms and extra layers. Only cons is the pocket layout is not perfect and the pack fabric can be noisy on really cold days. I want a pack that can be kinda low profile in the early season but can expand and handle extra layers for colder weather.

Still looking the perfect pack though……….
Just my own input for the perfect pack after trying most all options. Kifaru E & E on the tactical frame, or solo. One stick (or Predator and 3 Gen 1 ONE sticks). Saddle inside or out. Extra gear with compression straps. Biggest thing for me is the smallness of the pack up in the tree. I can leave the frame/rope bag/water on the ground and only have a small pack upstairs. Yes its pretty pricey. Yes, a $10 Walmart bag would probably do the same for some guys. Just a comment on how i found the perfect pack for me.

Ditto on Mantises and Predators in 2019-20.

Just my own input for the perfect pack after trying most all options. Kifaru E & E on the tactical frame, or solo. One stick (or Predator and 3 Gen 1 ONE sticks). Saddle inside or out. Extra gear with compression straps. Biggest thing for me is the smallness of the pack up in the tree. I can leave the frame/rope bag/water on the ground and only have a small pack upstairs. Yes its pretty pricey. Yes, a $10 Walmart bag would probably do the same for some guys. Just a comment on how i found the perfect pack for me.
$20 Walmart pack, thank you. And a $50 bag from ****’s when I need prime real estate.

Back