• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd FAS Pack stick attachment?

ncavi8tor

Good morning!

What is the consensus for the best stick attachment on the FAS Pack without it being floppy? I have 4 x One Sticks and the standard Predator Pack attached to the back of the pack with the compression kit. I have it set up so the Predator Pack can be used as a compressible wedge to hold extra layers.

Thank you for your time.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

They have this video linked to the FAS Pack page on their website. Not sure if you saw it or if it's helpful for your loadout.

578B1540-5E41-4CA0-80A6-5067A8854494.jpeg

I had a hard to strapping skeletors to predator pack that was attached to FAS pack with their compression straps. It was pulling the whole pack off and away from my body, didn’t ride tight

Found these on a google search. From AT. Looks to be running the compression straps to the side MOLLE panels.

I never like pointy thinks towards my head, neck, and back. But this attachment should snug everything up.

EC8BE4A1-EFBF-43CB-9D55-40D444016961.png605BA79D-5839-4E7D-BF2D-A424179B6FF2.png

I only use one stick but this is how I do it. I imagine you could stack 4 and only secure the bottom one, as long as it doesn't slap you in the rear. But the pack sits pretty high

Attachments

• tempImagefuPxyg.png
    tempImagefuPxyg.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
Found these on a google search. From AT. Looks to be running the compression straps to the side MOLLE panels.

I never like pointy thinks towards my head, neck, and back. But this attachment should snug everything up.

View attachment 86670View attachment 86671
This looks solid. I'm gonna give it a try. I'm on AT also, but haven't seen this thread. Thank you!

NC

I only use one stick but this is how I do it. I imagine you could stack 4 and only secure the bottom one, as long as it doesn't slap you in the rear. But the pack sits pretty high

What’s that clip on the bottom holding the stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the pack for saddle hunters, by saddle hunters doesn't have a designated way to carry climbing sticks?
Yep. It's the biggest downfall of the pack in my opinion. Still a very good American made piece of gear. Just lacking in that one detail.

NC

I haven’t seen a pack yet that can’t be modified to carry short sticks, but most aren’t factory capable. The Bandit, FAS, & Doorgunner are all solid packs & setup very similar.

Attachments

• IMG_7726.jpeg
    IMG_7726.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
What’s that clip on the bottom holding the stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the pack for saddle hunters, by saddle hunters doesn't have a designated way to carry climbing sticks?
All it takes is Molle strips. I can switch between the One stick to the predator and ONE sticks in about a
I haven’t seen a pack yet that can’t be modified to carry short sticks, but most aren’t factory capable. The Bandit, FAS, & Doorgunner are all solid packs & setup very similar.
E&E by itself and on a tactical frame, of course, with Stick Talons

Attachments

• E061D7C1-DC14-4B68-8019-7D1BEFE1AF01.png
    E061D7C1-DC14-4B68-8019-7D1BEFE1AF01.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 47
  • 711E2CD8-4121-4D10-84A2-816B08160E75.jpeg
    711E2CD8-4121-4D10-84A2-816B08160E75.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 48
Integrated saddle, pack, and climbing stick system? What are you talking about? You are supposed to use their T.I.T.S. system.....duh.....:)

Just had my first real hunt with the FAS Pack and Pack.jpgstick arrangement. I'm using 3 Hawk Helium's and an ultimate 1-stick because I like the integrated platform. I used the straps that came with the pack and it cinches tight with no rattle.

Pack1.jpg

Back