• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Knee Pads vs Arc Teryx vs Trophyline Knee Savers

Kevin2

Tethrd Knee Pads vs Arc Teryx vs Trophyline?

Figure I need something, and these seem to be the top 3. Is there a difference? I'm hunting from a Trophyline Mission plateform if that makes a difference?

Last edited:
I really like a foam kneeling/seat pad strapped to the tree. All of the knee pads I've tried eventually slide around making it uncomfortable on my kneecaps. The knee pads all seem to slip a bit on the bark too making noise. I run a strap around the tree and use a Hawk seat pad that has 2 velcro strap attachment points fed through the strap around the tree. XOP and others make a similar seat at a comparable price.

I was about to post the question if anyone's tried the new Tethrd knee pads, but figured I better check first, lol! Here's a link to them.
As a carpenter, I've owned several pairs of knee pads. My personal concern is if they move around a lot (or not) while 1-sticking. I bought a pair of Husky's from Home Depot, and they're rock solid, tough and comfortable on the tree, but they're big and bulky and I'd rather not pack them in if there's something better. Then again, they're also half the price.

I bought the Tethrd knee pads. Haven’t used them a lot yet but so far I really like them. They are identical to the Arcteryx in shape just with a lot more padding and the textured outer surface. I have hunted with the Arcteryx for the last two years and liked them just wished the had more padding. Hopefully the Tethrd knee pads are the answer to that this year. 4A3EE63F-1758-4A05-8951-FDB87A64BF42.jpeg

Attachments

• 031B147C-B964-4906-B837-3DA3B60F1191.jpeg
    031B147C-B964-4906-B837-3DA3B60F1191.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 162
I’ve posted this in another thread about pants and knee pads. I wear Crye Precision combat pants which have integrated knee pads in the pants themselves so they don’t move around on you. The pants are tough as hell and have plenty of pockets for storage of ropes or phones or whatever you want and they are made in the USA. However, you will laugh out loud when you see the pricing for them. So as another option these are very reputable and are an overseas knockoff of the Crye pants that a lot of air soft people use or whomever.

Try them out. If you don’t like them, send them right back and get a refund. Plus at this price point they are only a little bit more than the knee pads and you can destroy them and get them muddy, bloody and not care.

I’ve posted this in another thread about pants and knee pads. I wear Crye Precision combat pants which have integrated knee pads in the pants themselves so they don’t move around on you. The pants are tough as hell and have plenty of pockets for storage of ropes or phones or whatever you want and they are made in the USA. However, you will laugh out loud when you see the pricing for them. So as another option these are very reputable and are an overseas knockoff of the Crye pants that a lot of air soft people use or whomever.

Try them out. If you don’t like them, send them right back and get a refund. Plus at this price point they are only a little bit more than the knee pads and you can destroy them and get them muddy, bloody and not care.
Thanks for the link ... I might try a set ... I've always had my eye on the KUIU's with integral knee pads, but at $180, I'm never going to buy them, lol!
Do you know if they're quiet enough for bow hunting?

Thanks for the link ... I might try a set ... I've always had my eye on the KUIU's with integral knee pads, but at $180, I'm never going to buy them, lol!
Do you know if they're quiet enough for bow hunting?
I don’t feel like I can answer that because it’s such a subjective question for each bow hunter and what quiet is to each individual. Maybe order a set and try them out and just send them back if they aren’t your thing.

Reactions: VFL
Exo gel knee pads from 511 tactical. They are amazing
Hmmm...

My early season pants are just my old FDE and OD Tru-Spec pants which also have the integrated kneepad pockets. For under $10, that's an idea. The problem is once it gets colder, I switch to to base layers and insulated coveralls.

I wasn’t too impressed with the trophyline ones… I made it through last season with them, but hardly as one strap broke away.

Hmmm...

My early season pants are just my old FDE and OD Tru-Spec pants which also have the integrated kneepad pockets. For under $10, that's an idea. The problem is once it gets colder, I switch to to base layers and insulated coveralls.
The exo gel are external knee pads not the integrated pant ones. They are awesome

I don’t feel like I can answer that because it’s such a subjective question for each bow hunter and what quiet is to each individual. Maybe order a set and try them out and just send them back if they aren’t your thing.
Fair enough ... I put them in my cart. I might try them out. Thx.

I was about to post the question if anyone's tried the new Tethrd knee pads, but figured I better check first, lol! Here's a link to them.
As a carpenter, I've owned several pairs of knee pads. My personal concern is if they move around a lot (or not) while 1-sticking. I bought a pair of Husky's from Home Depot, and they're rock solid, tough and comfortable on the tree, but they're big and bulky and I'd rather not pack them in if there's something better. Then again, they're also half the price.
I've been using the Husky's too. They're great, but big and bulky as you said. Have you found a decent replacement for them yet?

I bought the Tethrd knee pads. Haven’t used them a lot yet but so far I really like them. They are identical to the Arcteryx in shape just with a lot more padding and the textured outer surface. I have hunted with the Arcteryx for the last two years and liked them just wished the had more padding. Hopefully the Tethrd knee pads are the answer to that this year. View attachment 48256
Any further updates on these two months later?

57915_W3.jpeg

I bought these today at harbor freight. Had some camo gorilla tap that I covered the front with. Used them today, and they were perfect. Even better - they were like $13.

1EB2B2AD-4DE5-426F-8E9E-2E8D4AC0AFE8_1_105_c.jpeg

Edit - here's a picture of me doing a practice climb this evening. How about them burrs! Lol.

Anyways, the harbor freight knee pads were perfect. Able to adjust them to my comfort, and they gave my knees a nice protective feeling when I was "sitting" in the saddle.

Last edited:
I like the tethrd ones myself.

I see latitude came out with some also. A bit pricey but look interesting.

I have the original Trophyline and Arc'teryx knee pads. I greatly prefer the Trophyline because they grip the tree better IMO, although I do have to re-adjust periodically while walking in.

I wish I was a headlight on a north-bound train

Back