• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd phantom comfort channel wear

Lycomingflyfisher

Anyone experiencing wear of the webbing cover the balls of the comfort channel, if so is there any fix? I tried searching this but haven't found another thread. I'll see if I can post a picture but basically the webbing covering one of the balls is starting to wear through on one of my loops.

This was my reply from Tethrd.

d3f30f6c30778783f11b8c241bcd92e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone experiencing wear of the webbing cover the balls of the comfort channel, if so is there any fix? I tried searching this but haven't found another thread. I'll see if I can post a picture but basically the webbing covering one of the balls is starting to wear through on one of my loops.

You can chemically bond the webbing back together. If the sacrificial ball is lost they will send another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a decent idea/concept, but with that configuration I could tell in 5 mins that those bridge loops were not going to last very long before showing wear. Probably not to the point of being unsafe, but we are trained to inspect our gear and I wasn't gonna want to look at it and question it. Kind of like the amsteel threads all the time that show the bury fray sticking out (is this normal/safe? with a bridge pic). There are other configurations that are gonna last a lot longer and I won't have to question them.

I have seen several posts on FB with the comfort channel balls coming through the webbing. Seems like a common issue.

I personally would not be crazy glueing my saddle. If tethrd refused to send me a new saddle I would remove the comfort channels all together and just use a prussic on each side. Then when I was in the market for another saddle I would probably eliminate them as an option.

I personally would not be crazy glueing my saddle. If tethrd refused to send me a new saddle I would remove the comfort channels all together and just use a prussic on each side. Then when I was in the market for another saddle I would probably eliminate them as an option.
Super glue as routine maintenance for life support equipment is ridiculous.

Back