• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd predator came with 2 stand off’s?

Shakeandbake

Did everyone get two stand off designs with their predator platforms? I got the standard bare solid aluminum one and a notched out black bat wing stand off. What stand off do you guys use?

I bought the new black one. So far I like it better. Just scuff the snot out of it, else it’s squeaky on trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did everyone get two stand off designs with their predator platforms? I got the standard bare solid aluminum one and a notched out black bat wing stand off. What stand off do you guys use?
I sent my Gen1 back for a Gen2 and it came with two stand off . I ordered one from Eastern Woods Outdoors

I bought the new black one. So far I like it better. Just scuff the snot out of it, else it’s squeaky on trees

What do you like better about the black one? THey kinda look the same except it is hollowed out some.

What do you like better about the black one? THey kinda look the same except it is hollowed out some.

Really? It’s .00000145 grams lighter. Duh...

It bites better. That’s it. I don’t care about weight. Actually I think the black one might weigh more. I seem to remember reading that here

It’s just an “extra” so you can use whichever one you like best. I still like the original one myself but have used both. They weigh the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then sent both because the on original some guys said it didn't bite on the tree well so they cam up with the new one.
They would have change them out if the one that comes with it was faulty. There are a couple different companies that offer more aggressive stand offs.

I threw on the black one because it looks like the same design on my LW sticks. Not sure if one is actually “better” than the other.

Maybe because they have a stock pile of the originals....just a guess
That's what they told me when I called. They send out both so you can try them, but most people go with the black one. I tried the bare aluminum one and it seems to come away from the tree once you set the platform.

Back