• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The INGWE 4.8lb Hang-On Stand...Anyone?

Kevin2

Has anyone ordered, seen in person, or received the The INGWE 4.8lb Hang-On Stand yet? Saw it on a mobile hunters expo youtube video. Looks nice. 1.2lbs lighter than the LWCG .5 stand, which I have and love. 4.8lbs, that is pretty light!

Some comments under new gear thread. Start at post 1975, do not miss post 1982.

Super light and pretty much the same size as a windwalker platform wise. Good bit of flex that the owner indicated was intentional. I cant see anyone making one much lighter and it being safe for elevated use. He said it was third party tested and rated for #300. If I was looking for a really light hang-on to use as a stand or a hybrid setup, it would certainly be in consideration.

I can’t see that being rated for 300# tbh… I think that will decrease after it hits the market and they bend. Should be 250# max imo. It’s cut from 1/2” plate including the seat post. The 3/4” post on the Custom Gear stands flexes enough for me.
I dont disagree. I expected him to say #250 and was a little surprised when he said #300. Biggest person I saw get on it was prolly in the 230-240 range. I wouldnt be afraid to hunt it at all but I'm more like 180-185.

Do you have a link to the windwalker platform wise?

Super light and pretty much the same size as a windwalker platform wise. Good bit of flex that the owner indicated was intentional. I cant see anyone making one much lighter and it being safe for elevated use. He said it was third party tested and rated for #300. If I was looking for a really light hang-on to use as a stand or a hybrid setup, it would certainly be in consideration.

I handled one at the expo.

As a very new owner of a LWCG .5, I can say the Ingwe feels more dinky overall and "less robust" than the .5 which I guess would be expected.

The seat pad is thinner than the .5

The stand tapers sharper and is narrower near the tree than the .5, and IMO this makes the whole thing more flexy.

The notches for the leveling adjustment are straight, rather than angled which would be easier to disengage than the .5. Minute difference but it could add to a little fiddliness while hanging it.

Also the platform was razor sharp all over, but that may be addressed before production. Or it may not. But it was immediately noticeable.

I'm not the most "in the know" on the ultralight stands, but just some things I noticed.

Thanks, very helpful. It looks like it is powder coated, either paint OR a heavier coating of powder coating? Odd it would be sharp even with that on there. HOPE they address that sharpness issue.

I use the .5 as my main saddle stand VS a platform. I like being able to sit, stand, and lean in one hunt. Breaks up the day for me. If this INGWE
is really 1.2lbs lighter, that is pretty significant to me. Would be worth converting IF it turns out to be legitimately safe, sound, and only 4.8lbs that is!

I handled one at the expo.

As a very new owner of a LWCG .5, I can say the Ingwe feels more dinky overall and "less robust" than the .5 which I guess would be expected.

The seat pad is thinner than the .5

The stand tapers sharper and is narrower near the tree than the .5, and IMO this makes the whole thing more flexy.

The notches for the leveling adjustment are straight, rather than angled which would be easier to disengage than the .5. Minute difference but it could add to a little fiddliness while hanging it.

Also the platform was razor sharp all over, but that may be addressed before production. Or it may not. But it was immediately noticeable.

I'm not the most "in the know" on the ultralight stands, but just some things I noticed.

Thanks, very helpful. It looks like it is powder coated, either paint OR a heavier coating of powder coating? Odd it would be sharp even with that on there. HOPE they address that sharpness issue.

I use the .5 as my main saddle stand VS a platform. I like being able to sit, stand, and lean in one hunt. Breaks up the day for me. If this INGWE
is really 1.2lbs lighter, that is pretty significant to me. Would be worth converting IF it turns out to be legitimately safe, sound, and only 4.8lbs that is!

It took LWCG 3 years to address there benchmade like edges. I wouldn’t count on it.

Do you have a link to the windwalker platform wise?

If you look into them, be sure to ask what the weight rating is. They were rated on the lighter end when made by Loc-On.

Pop-up small companies like this always make me nervous when they start towing the line right off the bat. It begs the question: If you can make stands that light and small, why aren’t the bigger companies doing it, that also happen to have many experienced engineers on staff? Hopefully they are doing their due diligence with both raw materials QA and post processing QA since there will be near zero wiggle room for any internal defects in the plates they are cutting from. That’s the down side of making things with as little material as possible. Every inch of it must be 100% reliable or it will turn into a house of cards. No margin for error. Almost to the point where I would hope they are x-raying the plates first. But I would highly doubt they are. This is why CAD software can be very dangerous in the wrong hands. I know this well from experience with some clients.

And the name Ingwe was a poor choice, IMO. They tout it as being USA designed and made. Awesome. But then they give it a foreign name. And one that looks and sounds very similar to the very chinese made and owned Tidewe junk. Had I just seen the name when scrolling through products I would have immediately passed it over assuming it was chinese. And then they didn’t even give that stand a name. Hopefully they at least get someone to part-time consult for them that has marketing experience. They will struggle otherwise. Just my thoughts on that.

Pop-up small companies like this always make me nervous when they start towing the line right off the bat. It begs the question: If you can make stands that light and small, why aren’t the bigger companies doing it, that also happen to have many experienced engineers on staff? Hopefully they are doing their due diligence with both raw materials QA and post processing QA since there will be near zero wiggle room for any internal defects in the plates they are cutting from. That’s the down side of making things with as little material as possible. Every inch of it must be 100% reliable or it will turn into a house of cards. No margin for error. Almost to the point where I would hope they are x-raying the plates first. But I would highly doubt they are. This is why CAD software can be very dangerous in the wrong hands. I know this well from experience with some clients.

And the name Ingwe was a poor choice, IMO. They tout it as being USA designed and made. Awesome. But then they give it a foreign name. And one that looks and sounds very similar to the very chinese made and owned Tidewe junk. Had I just seen the name when scrolling through products I would have immediately passed it over assuming it was chinese. And then they didn’t even give that stand a name. Hopefully they at least get someone to part-time consult for them that has marketing experience. They will struggle otherwise. Just my thoughts on that.

Exactly. All the looming uncertainty isn't worth the weight savings for me.

BUT....I'm as guilty as wanting to try new gear as the next guy. And options are always good. It keeps things progressing and interesting.

I remember working at Summit when Lone Wolf came out with the cast platforms. Our engineers lost their minds saying how terrible of an idea it was and how it would never last. After they fooled around trying to break one, they panicked and went to the drawing board to come out with their short lived folding platforms to try and compete. I got stands for free then, and saved and scrounged to buy myself a Lone Wolf lol.

For the reasons you mentioned, I have no interest in a new stand.

But I ain't knocking nobody that would try one. I get it.

The guy behind Ingwe seems like a good dude. I hope it goes somewhere for them. It wouldn't be a bad thing for any of us I guess. Least it ain't Chinese.

Exactly. All the looming uncertainty isn't worth the weight savings for me.

BUT....I'm as guilty as wanting to try new gear as the next guy. And options are always good. It keeps things progressing and interesting.

I remember working at Summit when Lone Wolf came out with the cast platforms. Our engineers lost their minds saying how terrible of an idea it was and how it would never last. After they fooled around trying to break one, they panicked and went to the drawing board to come out with their short lived folding platforms to try and compete. I got stands for free then, and saved and scrounged to buy myself a Lone Wolf lol.

For the reasons you mentioned, I have no interest in a new stand.

But I ain't knocking nobody that would try one. I get it.

The guy behind Ingwe seems like a good dude. I hope it goes somewhere for them. It wouldn't be a bad thing for any of us I guess. Least it ain't Chinese.

However, the only innovative feature in this case is "First of its kind Built-In Belt Loop Ascension Hook"

The name really is terrible haha. It sounds like some weird nock off product on Amazon. I’m personally not into these tiny stands. If I’m going to sit in a stand for a few hours I’d much rather carry a couple extra pounds and be comfortable than scrunch into the “ingewe”.

right at the bottom of the page they’re basically telling you the advertised weight is b.s. and it’s gonna be heavier

Not the first or only ones with that wording.

IGNWE: " ** The foam seat, cam buckle strap, and carrying straps add weight above what is listed for the stand itself. The indicated weight is approximate and may vary slightly due to manufacturing processes.** "

LWCG: " *Please note, the above are estimated product weights, stands and sticks may fluctuate slightly due to the manufacturing process. "

Not the first or only ones with that wording.

IGNWE: " ** The foam seat, cam buckle strap, and carrying straps add weight above what is listed for the stand itself. The indicated weight is approximate and may vary slightly due to manufacturing processes.** "

LWCG: " *Please note, the above are estimated product weights, stands and sticks may fluctuate slightly due to the manufacturing process. "

Please. Clearly they'll take cues. It's where they're different that matters.

D9B28A52-6DCE-4B10-A706-62F992C8E5E4.jpeg49AB9757-9FAA-4898-8F8A-01B031A158D3.jpeg

Back