• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

This ammo shortage SUCKS

Schemeecho

Unfortunately, I deer hunt with a .271 And .270Winchester rounds like just about all rounds are hard to find. I was able to find a few places on line that has them but the price is so high and/or you have to buy two box min. Which normally wouldn't be an Issue but, I just cant afford $100.00 for ammo and shipping. So It looks like my hunting season Is over before it even begins. Something told me I should have bought a bow this year.

Here’s my ammo for this season… $24 shaft, $3 fP and $30 BH…. Not cheaper. But renewable killing potential for all the tree hugging hunters out there. Hahahah
081a53d5ae0a45982117346d5119d719.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And for the gun days, if I even do that this year. Goal is bow. We’ll see. But I got 4 or 5 boxes of my 6.5 freed more still. And a couple boxes of .270.

Still time for a bow. Plenty of bows and arrows at BP this weekend.

I've seen Norma .270 and .308 around here at Rural King. I got a 450 Bushmaster and that's hard to find and for a reasonable price. Luckily I think I found enough for practice and to hunt with. If nothing else I'll just use my bow, crossbow, or muzzleloader.

lol that’s why I bought a 350L last year. Better than nothing and most of my shots are no more than 250 yards anyways
350 legend ammo was nonexistent here last year as it is a popular round here as we're a straight wall caliber state for deer. It's just now showing up again in stores. I was toying with the idea of getting a 350 upper for my AR but with no ammo locally I just stuck with my .44mag rifle...then tagged out in archery season so didn't need to gun hunt anyways

350 legend ammo was nonexistent here last year as it is a popular round here as we're a straight wall caliber state for deer. It's just now showing up again in stores. I was toying with the idea of getting a 350 upper for my AR but with no ammo locally I just stuck with my .44mag rifle...then tagged out in archery season so didn't need to gun hunt anyways
Yeah I have a single shot 44 I like for deer season. Where are used to live that qualified for muzzleloader season.

I have spent way too much money on ammo in the last few months. I needed some .308 and 30-30 and bought 4 boxes each online at a ridiculously high price but it is what it is. I needed it to sight in the .308 with a new Vortex and the 30-30 is a 1894 Winchester that I recently bought. Made in 1946 and one of my top 3 goals this year is to shoot a doe with it so I need to practice with the open sights. Every time I pull that trigger I'll shed a tear knowing how expensive each bullet was

I never go lower than at least 4 boxes of any caliber I hunt with. As bad as ammo has been, I have not had a personal shortage and still go to the range regularly

I've noticed. Almost wish I would have gotten the 350 now instead of the 450 Ruger. Oh well.

sounds like you need another gun :laughing:

In all reality, my fiance wants to get into hunting. That was one of the excuses I used to pick up the HC Mini, and what I might use as my excuse to pick up a 350 while already having the 450. The answer for guns and ammo is "never enough".

^^^^
I agree, although it’s a super bad time to get into reloading is the problem, the real secret is when all this dust settles.... and things get back to normal, then hoard a bunch of reloading stuff, so when it happens again someday none of this matters... I have been done with factory loaded rifle ammo for a while and it’s a good feeling when this **** happens. In the meantime for anybody looking to get into reloading now is a great time to start reading up on it and compiling a list of stuff you will need so when the time comes and supplies start showing up again GET WHAT you need, store it in a dry place and your good to go.

sounds like you need another gun :laughing:

In all reality, my fiance wants to get into hunting. That was one of the excuses I used to pick up the HC Mini, and what I might use as my excuse to pick up a 350 while already having the 450. The answer for guns and ammo is "never enough".

For sure. I saw a good stack of 350 at Walmart of all places yesterday. $20 a box. $30-$36 for 450 when I can find it.

Back