• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Timber Ninja Outdoors

Damn

Definitely in for checking these out

Insane weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offense intended to the guy who posted them, but I have seen his posts for a while now. He hasn't even pressure tested the sticks yet. So, hypothetically speaking, he could be posting a picture of something to draw attention that never comes to fruition.

For me, "I hunted all year from it and sat them up over 8 million times and never encountered a problem" doesn't work for me.

I have seen many posts like that here over the past few years and have yet to see them come about.

In short, I'll wait.

What is the problem with these sticks, they look well done. I have tried to make carbon sticks and failed, I am aware of some of the problems with carbon sticks. So I have mostly ignored any posts on carbon sticks. This one looks well done. His comments are certainly an exaggeration. I have tried to build sticks out of carbon posts and out of hockey sticks. Both have failed and these attempts are documented on this forum.
I do know that if they are constructed properly they will be fine. Kiwi climbers are a fine example of good carbon fiber construction. DIY carbon stuff is without a doubt mostly a failure.

Why not fill us in on our ignorance @DanielB89. I appreciate pointing out that he has had exaggerated posts before because I have never had or looked at facebook until very recently.

Last edited:
Why not fill us in on our ignorance @DanielB89. I appreciate pointing out that he has had exaggerated posts before because I have never had or looked at facebook until very recently.

I have just seen him post these sticks and a stand on a few different pages on facebook over the past few months about the sticks. Every couple of months he's getting closer and closer. But, he is still yet to get any type of rating or adequate testing. It's seems like it has just become part of our society to tease without an actual product yet. It does seem to be a good marketing scheme though.

A friend of mine was the first to build the carbon sticks and hunted with them all last year. He used a sleeve over the carbon every where something attached to it(much like what's seen above) and had good results. He is currently working on a carbon fiber lock on stand. He has sent me a few pictures along the way, but my sphincter tightens up every time I look at it.

I have just seen him post these sticks and a stand on a few different pages on facebook over the past few months about the sticks. Every couple of months he's getting closer and closer. But, he is still yet to get any type of rating or adequate testing. It's seems like it has just become part of our society to tease without an actual product yet. It does seem to be a good marketing scheme though.

A friend of mine was the first to build the carbon sticks and hunted with them all last year. He used a sleeve over the carbon every where something attached to it(much like what's seen above) and had good results. He is currently working on a carbon fiber lock on stand. He has sent me a few pictures along the way, but my sphincter tightens up every time I look at it.
Good answer... Thanks

not sure what kind of tube (hockey sticks break all the time so bad example) others are using but carbon fiber has the potential to be just as strong as aluminum and then some. We use carbon for spearfishing and the barrels are crazy strong. We can load up a carbon barrel more that a heavier aluminum barrel for sure. If they do their homework i dont see why this wouldnt work. If you dont believe me come try to load a 130cm gun with 3 18mm bands on it. itll make ya hemorrhoids sing :astonished:

I think you’re right, I don’t think he’s anywhere near producing them for sale, but maybe he thinks he is. Either way, I’m excited to see what comes of it, so I guess the marketing is working on me.

Now there’s another carbon stick coming from someone else
56001447cbf1b0d960f37ccff15a7cf5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting Eh. I am sure if it is done right it will work.
Hockey sticks are usually composite construction. As a lever they under go tremendous forces.
Aluminium hockey sticks used to break too, until they became extinct.
Carbon fibre needs to have any attachment points put together well. A hole weakens it immediately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

A hole weakens it immediately

This has me thinking.. Why are these even being considered? From my understanding and experience carbon fiber can fail in an instance without any noticeable flaws in the material.

Is there a chance of these lasting years of repeated use? I am confident in their ability to maintain structural integrity for a given period of time, but what about 3 - 4 years?

What makes these better than what's already offered? These aren't even a pound lighter than other offerings from a material that has been proven over time. Does a single pound really even matter? I have carried in over #40 on most of my hunts before I started using a saddle and now were going nuts over a #.5 pound saving.

Just some random thoughts.

What makes these better than what's already offered? These aren't even a pound lighter than other offerings from a material that has been proven over time. Does a single pound really even matter? I have carried in over #40 on most of my hunts before I started using a saddle and now were going nuts over a #.5 pound saving.

I get the point, but guys are shelling out big money for beast sticks and the like. It's the same as the difference between a $300 and $1,600 bow. That 10% increase in usability/speed is the most expensive part :)

I get the point, but guys are shelling out big money for beast sticks and the like. It's the same as the difference between a $300 and $1,600 bow. That 10% increase in usability/speed is the most expensive part :)

The only difference there is beast sticks are made from aluminum, which is the material I am staying to stick with.

How are these going to hold up to the repeated pressure of someone sliding them down to cam them into place? What if that standoff catches one good time when sliding it down?

I guess my main point is, why would you risk your life to something that may have been tested in a static position and not in the most likely time of failure. which imo, is the first time you step on the stick and it slides?

I equate this to the Predator failure on the original design. I don't know of any that broke due to stepping on the platform after camming it over. I know all of the failures I saw was on the pressure from the cam action. I am assuming some similar findings will happen in this instance.

The only difference there is beast sticks are made from aluminum, which is the material I am staying to stick with.

How are these going to hold up to the repeated pressure of someone sliding them down to cam them into place? What if that standoff catches one good time when sliding it down?

I guess my main point is, why would you risk your life to something that may have been tested in a static position and not in the most likely time of failure. which imo, is the first time you step on the stick and it slides?

I equate this to the Predator failure on the original design. I don't know of any that broke due to stepping on the platform after camming it over. I know all of the failures I saw was on the pressure from the cam action. I am assuming some similar findings will happen in this instance.

yeah, I have no idea if it's going to work or not. I'm just saying, if it does and it's 10% better, people will pay the premium.

yeah, I have no idea if it's going to work or not. I'm just saying, if it does and it's 10% better, people will pay the premium.

No doubt about that! The reality is that people would buy them as they currently are without any knowledge of any ratings or anything like that.

If you one stick the risk is much lower since you are tethered. But yes aluminum bends. Carbon fibre fails catastrophically. I said that a year ago when I tried to make carbon fibre sticks. I do think they can be made correctly. Just say Kiwi carbon fibre spurs.
Do they fail?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back