• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Took a fall in the Sitdrag last night

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
I was tied in with my tether at 30' and getting the tree setup. My seat style platform was at a strange angle. While leaning awkwardly away from the tree to attach my pack hanger to a different trunk, my boot slipped and I went completely sideways in the tree. My abdomen hit the main trunk and I was almost parallel to the ground.

I'm happy to say my gear performed flawlessly. I didn't even have a scratch. I simply grabbed the tree Trunk and spun my legs back underneath me. Piece of cake.

Pay attention out there saddle hunters!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I was tied in with my tether at 30' and getting the tree setup. My seat style platform was at a strange angle. While leaning awkwardly away from the tree to attach my pack hanger to a different trunk, my boot slipped and I went completely sideways in the tree. My abdomen hit the main trunk and I was almost parallel to the ground.

I'm happy to say my gear performed flawlessly. I didn't even have a scratch. I simply grabbed the tree Trunk and spun my legs back underneath me. Piece of cake.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
We're you wearing your rock harness or did the sit-drag catch you?

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Glad it ended well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That'll get the blood pumping! lol. Glad it ended well and just goes to show how safe saddle hunting really is. You may slip but you rarely lose control completely.

Glad your ok bud!! This is a reminder to stay safe and watch what your doing!! As @g2outdoors said his platform was at a weird angle. Small things can make things go bad fast. I’ll just say that due to all his awesome other gear he was safe and is still with us. Be safe everyone!!

***another important lesson***

I say this all the time, but attach your tether before you do anything else! That is the key piece of safety kit for all of us.

I attach my tether before ever climbing onto my platform. That way if a strap, buckle, bracket, or rope breaks, I'm safe.

I usually have to adjust my tether height once I get settled in, but the Ropeman makes it easy.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I had a similar thing happen last year but a climbing stick. I was using my linesman belt at the time and it and my sit drag held me very well.

The linesman belt let me fall 8-10 inches before it caught me, and the only injury was some busted skin on my knuckles.

Glad you are okay!! (Wouldn’t want saddlepalooza to be canceled )

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
Glad you are ok . Things can happen so fast and in a blink of an eye our world can change. It happened to me at work . Please ever one be safe .

All I can is you had an angel looking out for you. I thought you fell. What happened to you was a misstep.

Back