• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trad Team- Let's See your Setups!

Vtbow

Not sure about you guys, but I have a few bows....a few..Finally decided on my setup for this year:
Brown Recluse Seminole Chief 63' Flat Bow: 50# @28
POC Arrows with Bear Greenies
Hill style quiver
Boxcall Bucket Hat
2018-09-12 07.37.06.jpg
Whatcha Shootin' ?

Eagle Flight Archery Mesa Quiver.

Abe makes some great bows - I now have 5 or 6 of them and growing. This was a matching recurve (Tiaga) and Longbow (Silver Fox)
THanks, I"m going to have to check that out.

I added link above. I get a totem shaft with it ($10 addition)

Not enough posts to join this year but I'll definitely be watching this thread and tracking the Trad Team's progress throughout the season.....I'll get in with you guys next year!

4824934257e99071e418c839d0c7f72b.jpg

best I’ve got right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say you trad guys have some beautiful looking bows!! Very sharp stuff!!

0eb7b6268ec3bc2f52014d37f5a4d627.jpg

Metal trad guy here. I have been shooting this setup for 4 years: Tradtech Titan 3 riser, Dryad legend RCS limbs, springy rest, Custom fast flight string with amsteel silencers. The bow is about 50lbs at my 28” draw.

Easton Axis 340’s with 4” parabolics, 100grn brass inserts, and 100grn Magnus stinger broadheads. The arrow is 500grns even.

Big Jim Thunderchild Takedown
54" 28@50 2nd year with the stick bow. No shots take last year. A stick to the right eye walking to stand in dark am ended my season way too early.
86db0cf1606ca12bcbe5359aa4b6eca2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Beautiful bow and setup, sorry to hear about the eye. Cheers to a better season!

Thank you and same to you!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't think my set up warrants any pictures, but I'll give it a brief rundown. I started shooting with a free bow that was given to me by my uncle. It was a Ben Pearson Colt, 35# at 26 in. From there I went to Cabela's and bought a bow more suited to me after I got used to shooting, as I felt like I was over drawing the bow at a 29 inch draw. Nothing special it's a 60-inch Fleetwood takedown 50 lb at 28 in. My accuracy definitely got a little better but the guy who sold me my stuff cut my arrows and now they are too short and over spined. I got so irritated with myself for not knowing how my setup should be that I started down the rabbit hole of Arrow tune and building. So that has consumed most of my time and money trying to get setup. I've been looking at the win and win black wolf. But it seems it'll have to wait till next year. Hopefully I can get it done with the old Fleetwood!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have not built my arrows yet. I am waiting for all my supplies to get here, but I'm going with the gold tip traditional xt shafts 400 spine, white feathers, 150 grain Grizzly screw in Broadhead and I don't know how much additional wait up front until I start playing and shooting arrows. I'll also be running a big Jim's quiver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Still couple weeks away for the PA opener, but think I have most gear together. Be the first year using a saddle. Have a couple pre sets ready, but am excited to try bouncing around during mid October and try some new areas. Bow is the same, 58" Stahl longbow, 53lbs. In going back to using my three blades this year, just for something different . I've been shooting well recently, so I'm stoked!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Got my stick-flinger for the 2018 deer season in the mail yesterday.
Big Stick Archery Assassin 62” 41@28. Shooting Black Eagle Vintage 500s with 200gn Cutthroat broadheads. Gonna tune it up and get in the timber ASAP - urban season opened up last Saturday here in Indiana. Time to get to work!
D10AC6D0-B265-49BF-8985-1FE65F103449.png4C5F33E5-191E-4BFB-97EB-3C4368BD0069.png

Back