• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

trash talk

Why can’t you enter him?! What an amazing buck regardless of reason. Always envious those velvet opportunities some of you get. Thanks for sharing the pic.

And I’m not on the couch. It’s a Lazy-boy recliner.

You people shooting velvet bucks…. might as well have shot a fawn, I mean now his genetics are gone forever!! Couldn’t you have at least let him breed a little bit first before you cleaned him out?

Nice buck man! Congrats. I’m “Jelly!”

Way to go @swing n fling! Nice buck, you're killing me . . . I have to wait another 3 weeks.
You dont fling arrows anyway. You can get in a tree and watch em walk all year long. Maybe you should get in a tree now and by the time season comes you'll be tired of watching you'll sling a few and come out the other end with a win.

Prolly wont score 100 after the velvet comes off. Bambie with horns. Cant believe you would kill one before he even had a chance to breed for the first time. LOL nice buck. What part of Alabama you hunt?

Velvet isn't coming off. His son looks just like him. There were 4 bucks. One that looked just like him with a smaller and less grey body. Pretty sure his genetics will live on.

Clark county, where the real funky dinks live. Im LUCKY if I see 100 inch deer down there.

You dont fling arrows anyway. You can get in a tree and watch em walk all year long. Maybe you should get in a tree now and by the time season comes you'll be tired of watching you'll sling a few and come out the other end with a win.

Velvet isn't coming off. His son looks just like him. There were 4 bucks. One that looked just like him with a smaller and less grey body. Pretty sure his genetics will live on.

Clark county, where the real funky dinks live. Im LUCKY if I see 100 inch deer down there.
Nice I'm in Choctaw county so I feel the pain of only seeing <100" deer

Is there a bad advice thread where you lay out this shot process in more detail?

Im having a hard time following? If going through the heart, breaking a leg and watching the deer go down in 25-30 yards is a bad shot I guess I'd love to learn from you what I can do better next time. If you're typing in the sarcasm font, Its not showing up on my end.

Im having a hard time following? If going through the heart, breaking a leg and watching the deer go down in 25-30 yards is a bad shot I guess I'd love to learn from you what I can do better next time. If you're typing in the sarcasm font, Its not showing up on my end.
The only truly efficient way to kill a big buck is a center shot at 80mph with your truck, any other method is unethical.

Back