• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treehopper tree suit

Walleyeking

Anyone tried it yet? Thoughts? I'm really considering it, great price and looks to be solid. Any info would be appreciated

I'm interested too but the way nutter attaches his to the tree isn't possible with the new gussets. The strap is what I'm most interested in

Very interested in one as well. Does anyone have an opinion good or bad?

I'm interested too but the way nutter attaches his to the tree isn't possible with the new gussets. The strap is what I'm most interested in
Wouldn't want to do it that way with an aluminum platform anyway...youd bend the hell out of it....
Treehopper though that through I'm sure.

I've got an original modified tree suit platform. It was a "climber" model which I never really got into but I should try it. I just use the platform which is steel. It is very solid but you have to make sure you do not use too small of a diameter of tree. About soccer ball size minimum. I had mine slide this year once about 6 inches down once I put my weight on the side of it. It was a slick barked silver maple too small and it slipped down and the only thing I can think is that the tree was too narrow. I've never had it do that before. Otherwise, they are great platforms. The do not fold flat though so they are a little bulkier to carry around in a pack and what not.

Super interesting and look how light the new ones are and priced very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is possible but the strap cant come off as easy with the gussets

Is there enough room on the platform to maneuver? Looks kind of small in the nutterbuster video.

I felt like the treehopper version had plenty of room. Keep in mind, I am a ring of steps guy, but I also own a podium. I could definitely get along with the treehopper platform.

From the pictures it looks like it uses a cam buckle. Looks like you thread the belt through the gussets, around the legs, cinch it tight and climb aboard. The best person to ask these questions is Mark himself.

Treehopper-Tree-Suit-7.jpg

Treehopper-Tree-Suit-1.jpg

Back