• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline Wingman stand offs

T-BONE

Was just curious if anyone has replaced the Wingman standoofs with a non rotating for the top? I somewhat understand the reason behind the rotating top standoff but for me it seems to "kick" or move more than some of my other brand sticks with similar non-rotating standoffs. Also the bottom step does not seem like it is quite wide enough for my feet. When my feet are on the step and all the way against the main 1" square tubing, that is the body of the stand, the outside extreme edge of the step in just about in the middle of my foot! That part is really not an issue unless I have to stand on the step for any length of time.

So I guess what I am wanting to know with this post is, ditch the rotating top standoff or not? Reasons to keep it a rotating standoff or not?

Thanks for your input in advance...

I don’t think there is one that fits currently. That’s why EWO conversion kit has a rotating standoff

I had a wingman and I just used a non rotating stand-off. I had to remove very little material to get it to mate to the wingman. I never felt the need for a rotating one there. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a wingman and I just used a non rotating stand-off. I had to remove very little material to get it to mate to the wingman. I never felt the need for a rotating one there. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big help! I saw where the platform and the standoff were on the same plane of the stick and figured that was the reason for allowing to rotate along with "forming" to the contour of the tree you are hanging from. Thank you for the reply @Crcusmonky

I even thought about getting the non rotating one from EWO and just positioning and drilling it just below the platform on the stick. Heck, I drilled holes for the cam cleat so I figured one more wouldn't hurt!! :tonguewink:;)

Back