• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Universal Pack Platform Carrier

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Been thinking of this one for a while. Its a universal platform carrier/meat shelf. Been looking at a lot of bags and it should fit about any bag. Thoughts?
602ec3cd075faa7d10fc70ad614ca826.jpg
855ce9f7567d926a47a47bd13b87754f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pretty cool.
Id like that for smaller packs like the Alaskan Guide Creation scout or HPG Terahumara that ive read about here.
Or any frameless bag w/o a external pocket.

Very nice....what's against the pack side? A big full size mesh pocket would be nice. What are the overall dimension?

Looks sweet. Seems like g-hooks as connection points would be ideal. What are you using here?
Also, is that a stiff or stretchy material? I could see benefits to both.

Dimension's are roughly 14"x12". Cordura 500D exterior and water resistant interior. Pocket is a good idea. Didnt go with mesh because I was concerned about platform pieces/parts getting hung up. Doubles as a meat shelf, so wanted to keep the interior simple and cleanable.

Hardware depends on the bag really. If a bag has loops or secuyre straps, some triglides on the ends and ghooks on the side straps maybe? Thats what im using now. Could also tie the corner straps in. For frame packs, triglides all the way around.

Looks sweet. Seems like g-hooks as connection points would be ideal. What are you using here?
Also, is that a stiff or stretchy material? I could see benefits to both.
Went with stiff. We tried some stretchier materials, but they dont last long with field use, sticking in and pulling out platforms.

@always89y that is awesome! I love your innovation. When can I try it? September Lol.

I have an old camelbak pack that has pals everywhere and some buckles. That style if meat shelf could be perfect for a day pack.

Very cool. Reminds me of a more functional Kifaru Grab-It or MR Stick-It. I wonder if there is any good way to add a pleat to the bottom section to cradle the load a bit better.

Very cool. Reminds me of a more functional Kifaru Grab-It or MR Stick-It. I wonder if there is any good way to add a pleat to the bottom section to cradle the load a bit better.
Possibly. I did make the bottom cupped to try and achieve the same effect.

Looks great. I have been thinking of a small pack for platform and meat shelf mod. This looks fairly simple and doable. I am apparently over thinking things again.

In my mind the pocket would be for rain gear storage...fold rain stuff to dimensions of the add on u made and then it sit flat not taking up hardly any room...it's rain stuff so can get a little bloody ..rain gear storage that doesn't take up all useable pack space

Also looks like u could use it for a back support....attach bottom straps to molle on saddle and then take the center strap to the tether carabineer and the strap up close to your arm pits....u can send me 1 for testing whenever u ready

In my mind the pocket would be for rain gear storage...fold rain stuff to dimensions of the add on u made and then it sit flat not taking up hardly any room...it's rain stuff so can get a little bloody ..rain gear storage that doesn't take up all useable pack space
Good idea! Next version will have it.

Back