• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Up issues

jimbo

I'm having issues with my one stick I just recently upgraded my stick to a 12" stick and finally saved and added the up instead of running 2 double steps but now I'm having issues I thought the up was going to be more solid but it's weird the left side of my platform isn't digging in I can still hunt on it but I am almost certain I can get it to kick out if I try am I doing something wrong everyone raves and I wanna love it but I can't get the left side to dig in I've had it on rough bark on pines on Beech and everything in-between even a telephone pole and the result is always the same left side doesn't dig in I can take photos if someone want me to

I'm having issues with my one stick I just recently upgraded my stick to a 12" stick and finally saved and added the up instead of running 2 double steps but now I'm having issues I thought the up was going to be more solid but it's weird the left side of my platform isn't digging in I can still hunt on it but I am almost certain I can get it to kick out if I try am I doing something wrong everyone raves and I wanna love it but I can't get the left side to dig in I've had it on rough bark on pines on Beech and everything in-between even a telephone pole and the result is always the same left side doesn't dig in I can take photos if someone want me to

Pics please. Where is your car cleat on your stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cam cleat holes are stock the stick came with the clear holes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211126-153849.png
    Screenshot_20211126-153849.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20211126-153855.png
    Screenshot_20211126-153855.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20211126-153916.png
    Screenshot_20211126-153916.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20211126-153920.png
    Screenshot_20211126-153920.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
Alright. So when you set this stick, ones you have it on the tree, instead of tugging straight down and then loading it. Have you tried pulling the bottom step out, and then down?

My shikar mini with a scout was like that.

Also look from the bottom side of the platform and see if it’s square on the stick.

Did you lift up then down to set it. Those teeth will dig in hard and no problems with side to side pressure

Alright. So when you set this stick, ones you have it on the tree, instead of tugging straight down and then loading it. Have you tried pulling the bottom step out, and then down?

My shikar mini with a scout was like that.

Also look from the bottom side of the platform and see if it’s square on the stick.

Yes I pull the bottom out and set it

Make sure cam cleat rope is tight when you lift up and try to keep stick straight

Actually, looking at your rope, I’d bet it’s actually pulling your stick up and out from the tree somehow. Best I can figure.

Actually, looking at your rope, I’d bet it’s actually pulling your stick up and out from the tree somehow. Best I can figure.

So? Do I go above the clear? Or? My last stick it was in line I had a hole through the stick

Yes it looks loose tie the knot tighter then secure with hvy duty zip ties that way it doesn’t move I use amsteel and have no issues but I zip tie mine below my cam cleat

Consider tying a figure 8 and girth hitching it around the stick instead of just slipping it on the stick. That will cause the pressure to be direct from the side on both sides. Or it should.

Just a question for those suggesting it's the rope, would a scaffold work since it tightens so much?

To the OP, I would check to see if the platform is square to the tube. I know one of my standoffs were slightly crooked and it threw it off from biting the tree evenly.

Just a question for those suggesting it's the rope, would a scaffold work since it tightens so much?

To the OP, I would check to see if the platform is square to the tube. I know one of my standoffs were slightly crooked and it threw it off from biting the tree evenly.
Pretty sure it's good but I did notice I'm going to need. To order a new standoff bolt mine appears to have a slight bend towing the lower standoff upward

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211126-160301.png
    Screenshot_20211126-160301.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
I have a U.P. And I noticed almost the same as the op. Mine was mounted on a 17” stick, I believe it was 1/16” wall thickness. Anyway it never set really well and one side always pulled a lil from the tree. It was okay just seemed like my wingman would set more solid. I changed out my sq tube to 1/8” wall thickness and made it 18” total length. Solid as a rock now !!!! My first one had a slight twist in the 1”by 1” tube. The twist was the issue. Guess when I first put it together must have bent it because it was 1/16” tube. Of course all of them can be bent with the right pressure in the right spot.

Back