• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

VA -> TX -> VA Transplant

G17Jumpseat

Hey Everybody,

Long time lurker, new member of the forum. I'm originally from Virginia, and relocated to Dallas Texas 3 years ago for work. I just recently got a promotion/transfer back to the east coast, where I'll be covering Virginia and Northern North Carolina. I'll be living in Midlothian Virginia. I've rifle hunted for years and have had some decent luck, primarily hunting out of a Summit Viper Climbing stand. I'm extremely excited to get into saddle hunting for its versatility for hang and bang type hunting, and due to all of the normal complaints of climbing stand hunters (weight, clunky, size and noise). I've been digging deep into the forum for a couple weeks now and I think I'm probably more confused now that I've been reading up on all the product reviews, watching all the videos, and listening to all of the podcasts. I ultimately decided to bite the arrow and purchase a Mantis and WE Steppladder to practice for next years season. I'm also new to archery this season, so I have A LOT to practice and learn. Thanks to all you guys/gals that have taken the time to provide great content on this site to help us newbies out. See y'all in the Saddle

-StephenHank (2).JPG

Welcome to the site!! It’s not as crazy as it seems at first, a lot of new terminology but simple. Saddle, bridge is your attachment to tether on tree plus climbing method (cliff notes)

Welcome from Cincinnati! Last season was my first with a saddle. I learned a ton and already am working hard to improve my method for next season. I think you’re going to really enjoy saddle hunting. And the guys on this website are awesome! Welcome aboard

Hey Everybody,

Long time lurker, new member of the forum. I'm originally from Virginia, and relocated to Dallas Texas 3 years ago for work. I just recently got a promotion/transfer back to the east coast, where I'll be covering Virginia and Northern North Carolina. I'll be living in Midlothian Virginia. I've rifle hunted for years and have had some decent luck, primarily hunting out of a Summit Viper Climbing stand. I'm extremely excited to get into saddle hunting for its versatility for hang and bang type hunting, and due to all of the normal complaints of climbing stand hunters (weight, clunky, size and noise). I've been digging deep into the forum for a couple weeks now and I think I'm probably more confused now that I've been reading up on all the product reviews, watching all the videos, and listening to all of the podcasts. I ultimately decided to bite the arrow and purchase a Mantis and WE Steppladder to practice for next years season. I'm also new to archery this season, so I have A LOT to practice and learn. Thanks to all you guys/gals that have taken the time to provide great content on this site to help us newbies out. See y'all in the Saddle

-StephenView attachment 10760

I’m in the Yorktown area and learning the ropes of both saddle & bow hunting as well! Welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just south of you in Yorktown!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah right down the street. I've been saddle hunting about 4 years now. Got a kestrel and sit drags, let me know if you need any pointers or want to demo some gear. I work in NN so always passing through

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site!! It’s not as crazy as it seems at first, a lot of new terminology but simple. Saddle, bridge is your attachment to tether on tree plus climbing method (cliff notes)
Yeah I've gotten all the basics/terminology down, just confused mostly about what to buy! Haha I'm excited for my mantis to show up, thanks for the cliff notes!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back