• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Webbing bridge on Mantis

Good job, nice video. Just one important note - keep an eye on those tag ends. I like to leave enough leftover to tie a knot as a backup. When they are short like that, they can come undone. I watched mine come undone at 30', but caught it in time. You could also stitch them with your Speedy Stitcher to prevent them from slipping.

cool idea! I think I am going to try
DIY sportsman's idea of the adjustable bridge with the prusik knot attached to the saddle.

I've messed around with the webbing a few times but haven't made the switch yet. The webbing does give me more confidence due to familiarity. I've never seen a waterman's or overhand on a bite come loose when tied properly...ever.

Good job, nice video. Just one important note - keep an eye on those tag ends. I like to leave enough leftover to tie a knot as a backup. When they are short like that, they can come undone. I watched mine come undone at 30', but caught it in time. You could also stitch them with your Speedy Stitcher to prevent them from slipping.
+1

Is below a good all around rope for saddle hunting?
Its dynamic, not static. Would use this for "practicing" out back, and also maybe to use some to make a backup adjustable bridge.
If not what is a good alternative.
Black Diamond 9.9mm Non-Dry Rope

You mean for a quick bridge? Good idea.

Exactly. Quick and removable. Tired of shoving mine down in the front of my pants when I walk. Plus it’ll be easier on and off if I don’t have to step in and out of a fixed bridge.

I ended up buying a 2’ Yates top rope / rescue anchor runner and a Cypher firefly locking carabiner for the end. I’ll see how it works.

Just food for thought. I like reading all the posts on here and want you guys around to keep posting great ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I researched before I committed to it and came across that video, the headline scared me. I understand in the uses he mentioned that it is a possibility, but I don’t believe it’s likely in its use as a bridge plus it’s actually an overhand on a bight so it doesn’t ease apart quite like a water knot.... I trust it but everyone needs to make their own judgement calls on gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, If you tie webbing on, make sure you use the appropriate knots, with long tails, and check them EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. you use them.
Yes. Since we are leaning back with this as the only attachment to the tree, all connectors should be climb rated to the highest standards or a redundant attachment to the tree should be used.

Back